Dalton Holme

If you used to live in Driffield, and have moved on, why not drop a quick note and let everyone know how you are getting on.

Dalton Holme

Postby Marjorie » Mon Feb 19, 2001 11:24 pm

I lived in Dalton Holme from 1955 to 1960. My father was Farm Forman for Lord Hotham and we lived in Dalton Park. I am now living in Orange, New South Wales, Australia with my husband, Cliff. My brother, Brian Twiddle, is a lecturer at Jordanhill University in Glasgow.

I have many happy memories of Dalton. I was married at Dalton Church on 3 Sept. 1960 to Colin Danby and we emigrated to Kalgoorlie, Australia where Colin was killed in the Gold Mines there about 6 months after we arrived so I returned to the UK.
I re-married in 1972.

I have returned to Dalton three times since emigrating and hopefully will be back in a couple of years.

A big hello to anyone in Dalton Holme who I may know.

Marje Rylance (nee Twiddle)
Marjorie

Postby paulab » Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:01 pm

quote:

I lived in Dalton Holme from 1955 to 1960. My father was Farm Forman for Lord Hotham and we lived in Dalton Park. I am now living in Orange, New South Wales, Australia with my husband, Cliff. My brother, Brian Twiddle, is a lecturer at Jordanhill University in Glasgow.

I have many happy memories of Dalton. I was married at Dalton Church on 3 Sept. 1960 to Colin Danby and we emigrated to Kalgoorlie, Australia where Colin was killed in the Gold Mines there about 6 months after we arrived so I returned to the UK.
I re-married in 1972.

I have returned to Dalton three times since emigrating and hopefully will be back in a couple of years.

A big hello to anyone in Dalton Holme who I may know.

Marje Rylance (nee Twiddle)

Hi there, I am Catherine Hull Daughter, My mum used to live next door to the school at South Dalton, she remembers you and your brother. She also recalls your wedding day.
paulab

Postby davidhughes » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:10 pm

Hi my name is dave hughes my brothers and sisters and myself used to go to Dalton Holme school arround 1960. Do you remember Mrs Wilmot and Mr Beasley the teachers .Other pupils that i can recall are Kathleen Pickering David Woodall Ann Featherby Kathleen Willie Christopher Lakin (The Lakings used to be game keepers at Lord Hothams park and used to live on the Market Weighton road.We used to live at Wallis Grange farm near Kipling Coates.The School is now a house I have been there and had a look round It does look good

llewlyn
llewlyn
davidhughes

Re: Dalton Holme

Postby DeeM » Mon May 12, 2014 10:08 am

Hello Marjorie, Spaldington, Uncle Ern, Aunt Rene, Brian, me running a clockwork toy into Brian's hair, the Foley family, Eastend Farm, North View, your dad Chemist Rae's shooting Brake. Alec Bedser and Chris Chatterway(cricket) the year of Roger Bannister, this of course is nothing to do with Dalton Holme, Aunt Alice's daughter D. email. deetide@btinternet.com
DeeM

Re: Dalton Holme

Postby kathy c » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Hi

I went to Dalton Home school in 1960. My name then was Kathleen Willie. Dad worked for John Southwell initially and then on the Estate. Mum lived in Dalton for 50 years, finally moving 4 years ago and sadly passed away last year.
kathy c

Return to Where Are You Now?