Towse Families

For those who are tracing their Yorkshire ancestors with a surname beginning with the letters 'S' through 'Z'
Mand

Post by Mand » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Hello

That's very kind of you

Many thanks indeed

Amanda

quote:Originally posted by Jane T
Hi Amanda,

We haven't any photos of Louella I'm afraid. I'll pull together the info we do have on her and our Tindale ancestors and e-mail it to you. It might take a couple of weeks as there's quite a lot of info.

Jane

quote:Originally posted by Mand
"Hello

Yes please that would be fantastic!

I was really hoping you were a long lost cousin who had a photo of Luella !

Thanks again

Amanda

Jane T

Post by Jane T » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:46 pm

This is a message for Amanda.

I've put together the information on George Henry Tindale & Eliza Towse's family, and the Tindale ancestors. Please could you let have your e-mail address so I can send it through. Thanks. Jane.

Mand

Post by Mand » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Hello Jane

That's so very kind of you thank you!

My email address is ahwatkinson@gmail.com

Many thanks

Amanda

This is a message for Amanda.

I've put together the information on George Henry Tindale & Eliza Towse's family, and the Tindale ancestors. Please could you let have your e-mail address so I can send it through. Thanks. Jane.

Christina Schofield

Post by Christina Schofield » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi JaneT I am now able to let you have a copy of the newspaper cutting, can I email it to you?
Tina

Christina, My Great Great Grandmother was Eliza Towse, brother of William Towse who married Hannah Maria Kirby. I would be very pleased to see the photograph from their Golden Wedding and list of people particularly if this includes Williams brothers/sisters.

William's son Herbert married Harriet Rowntree (at Uncleby Wold in 1902). Harriet Rowntree was my Great Grandma's younger sister (on the other side of our family!). Perhaps Herbert and Harriet and their 6 children are on the picture?

I have various information on William Towse, John Gatenby Towse and Eliza Towse, and their older siblings.

Also, has anyone worked out the link between their father John Towse and David Towse of Thixendale yet?

klevitt

Post by klevitt » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:03 pm

I am a decendant of William Towse and Hannah Maria Kirby. I have a fair bit of information on both lines, going back a fairly long way. If anybody has any other information on the Towse line, or want to swap information my email address is bd77wd@student.sunderland.ac.uk

Katie Levitt

Jane T

Post by Jane T » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:57 am

Hi Tina,

That would be great, thank you.

Many thanks, Jane.

Originally posted by Christina Schofield
Hi JaneT I am now able to let you have a copy of the newspaper cutting, can I email it to you?
Tina

DanielleB

Post by DanielleB » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:43 pm

I am from the Towse branch that moved to Canada in 1818 (John Towse & Mary Woodell). I have traced his family back to a Daniel Towse b.1674 & Ruth Etherington. If anyone has information on Daniel's parents it would be much appreciated.

My line (all England Towse from Garton on the Wolds):
Daniel Towse (1674-1722) m. Ruth Etherington
son Richard Towse (1693-1762) m. Jane Leppington
son Daniel Towse (1734-1791) m. Elizabeth Parker
son John Towse (1779-1863) m. Mary Woodell
family immigrated to New Brunswick, Canada in 1818
son William George Towse (1819-1905) m. Nancy McPhee(McFee?)
family immigrated to Lubec, Maine, USA in 1842
daughter Abigail Towse (1843-1920) m. Nathanial Smith
daughter Adelaine Smith (1872-?) m. Elmer Bell
daughter Mary Bell (1902-1987) m. Sumner Stuart
daughter Martha Stuart is my grandmother.

Pls email me with any info. Thanks!!!

ken111

Post by ken111 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:31 pm

quote:Originally posted by DanielleB
I am from the Towse branch that moved to Canada in 1818 (John Towse & Mary Woodell). I have traced his family back to a Daniel Towse b.1674 & Ruth Etherington. If anyone has information on Daniel's parents it would be much appreciated.

My line (all England Towse from Garton on the Wolds):
Daniel Towse (1674-1722) m. Ruth Etherington
son Richard Towse (1693-1762) m. Jane Leppington
son Daniel Towse (1734-1791) m. Elizabeth Parker
son John Towse (1779-1863) m. Mary Woodell
family immigrated to New Brunswick, Canada in 1818
son William George Towse (1819-1905) m. Nancy McPhee(McFee?)
family immigrated to Lubec, Maine, USA in 1842
daughter Abigail Towse (1843-1920) m. Nathanial Smith
daughter Adelaine Smith (1872-?) m. Elmer Bell
daughter Mary Bell (1902-1987) m. Sumner Stuart
daughter Martha Stuart is my grandmother.

Pls email me with any info. Thanks!!!

Hi Danielle

We are related distantly (thats because i am in Australia!!!!) Daniels Father was William Born about 1644 Garton On The Wolds. I am not a Towse but have direct line down from William to Daniel and Ruth then to Richard and Jane - that is where my line changes - mine then comes from Samuel who was Daniel's younger brother - i believe your Daniel was a twin with Richard and in 8 children of Richard and Jane there were 2 sets of twins (poor woman :) )

snayler

Post by snayler » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:16 am

quote:Originally posted by Martin Cross
I'm not a direct Towse descendant, but I do have some indirect links to the descendants of John Towse, b.Appleton-le-Street, c1819, who married Mary, b. Rillington, c1814. In particular, I have details of the descendants of their son, John Gatenby Towse, b. c1854, Thixendale, who married Mary Ann Botham in 1876.

Hi Martin, my wife's name is Caroline Ann Towse and it seems you are related as John and William Towse are in our family tree.
You can visit our web page at http://srnayler.customer.netspace.net.au/
It's not finished yet and would like to here from you.
my email address is srnayler@netspace.net.au
Kind Regards

Steve

Christina Schofield

Post by Christina Schofield » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:06 pm

quote:Originally posted by Martin Cross
I have some information regarding the descendants of John Towse, b. Appleton Le Street, 1819, and his wife Mary, b. Rillington, c1814. In particular I have details of the descendants of two of their children, William b. Thixendale c1853, married Hannah Maria Kirby, and John Gatenby Towse, b. Thixendale, 1854, married Mary Ann Botham, b.Hutton Cranswick, c1855.