SHEPHERDSON Families of Yorkshire

For those who are tracing their Yorkshire ancestors with a surname beginning with the letters 'S' through 'Z'
simonshep

Post by simonshep » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:56 pm

Hello I am Simon Shepherdson.
Just to let anyone know who may have info, or may be able to make use of our info, as best we know, my family links are from Hull back to Withernsea back to Kilham.

Larkin

Post by Larkin » Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:52 pm

quote:Originally posted by simonshep
Hello I am Simon Shepherdson.
Just to let anyone know who may have info, or may be able to make use of our info, as best we know, my family links are from Hull back to Withernsea back to Kilham.

Simon, I would be interested in any data on your family, my email address is cfig42@msn.com Ibelong to a group researching this surname all data is shared among us.

Regards
John Shepherdson
Michigan

M Broadbent

Post by M Broadbent » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:42 pm

Hi

I have a George Shepherdson married to a Dorothy Florence Keeble 29 March 1916 at Charlton by Dover; his father was William a builder. At the moment we are having difficulty finding his birth as the only George we can find has a Charles for a father. George was 26 at his marriage so his birth would be c1890. He served in the RNR then became a fisherman. We believe he was of local origin and married while on active service. Does this chap tie in with any of your Shepherdsons?

Regards

Mal B.
Mal B.

TIMVAL

Post by TIMVAL » Sat May 27, 2006 3:21 pm

HI
MY NAME IS VAKERIE WILLIAMS (NEE SHEPHERDSON)
I WAS BORN IN WARRINGTON MY FATHER NAME WAS ERNEST SHEPHERDSON
HE HAD BROTHERS AND SISTERS
HE WAS IN RHE RAF
my grandparents where called harold and eve shepherdson
my uncle name is tony and my aunt is valerie
they all came from yorkshire to

micheleagle

Post by micheleagle » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:20 pm

Hi I have John Shepherdson born about 1920 in Tibthorpe parents Benjamin J. Shepherdson abt 1871 Tibthopre and Elizabeth (Lillie)nee Denison abt 1879 Altofts West Yorks.Also John's sisters Mary and Margaret.They were my dad's cousins.Wanting to contact John or any relatives.Benjamin's parents were Edward abt 1831 Wheelwright(master)and Susannah abt 1835, and a sister Margaret abt 1878. All Tibthorpe born.Thanks.

simon.shep

Post by simon.shep » Fri May 16, 2008 11:21 pm

My name is Simon Shepherdson. My Father John was born in 1938 in Pocklington, Yorkshire. He was a fireman with the RAF, he was posted to Nairobi where he met his first wife Helena, who is my mother.
I have two brother, Jeremy and Nigel, lus two sisters, Janet and Teresa.

He had brothers Ernie, Dougie and Tony, and sisters, one is called Val who was marrie to Tony Kirby.

My father moved to Valencia about 6 years ago and passed away last month

Janet Lovegrove

Post by Janet Lovegrove » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:33 am

Hi Simon

I would be interested in sharing and exchanging info on your family line. I know that your line was in Barmby Moor at one time and feel they could have a connection to my husband's line. His Great Grandfather was born in Barmby Moor but not part of the same family. We have had DNA testing done on 7 different SHEPHERDSON lines and have proved a connection to 5 of them. Never had your line tested though. Your line begins with a Christopher SHEPHERSON who married Mary DOBSON in 1804. Please contact me at
janetlovegrove@rogers.com so that we can exchange info.

If anyone has any connections to SHEPHERDSONs from Yorkshire. Chances are quite high that I can match you to a specific family line.

Janet Lovegrove
Brampton, Ontario, Canada

Val Taylor 4

Post by Val Taylor 4 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:21 am

Hi Everyone
My father's name was John Matthew Shepherdson and his father (also John Shepherdson) originated from Driffield. I believe my great grandfather was in the police force in Driffield.
My grandfather married Annie Barker whom I think originally came from Hull.
My grandparents moved to Romford, Essex in the late 1920's with their children Norman, Barbara (now 87), Jack, Rita and Brenda.
My grandfather was in the Coldstream Guards and lost an arm serving in the First World War. He then went on to work for the Coprs of Commisssionaires.
If anyone has any link to our family I would love to hear from you.
Regards

Janet Lovegrove

Post by Janet Lovegrove » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi Val

I believe I can help you with your SHEPHERDSON family. I believe that your Great Grandfather John (Jack) was born 1895 in Kilham, the 6th child of Matthew SHEPHERDSON & Elizabeth FLETCHER. Please contact me at
janetlovegrove@rogers.com
for additional info. If anyone has a SHEPHERDSON in their family tree, I would be more than happy to share and exchange info with them.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Janet Lovegrove
Brampton, Ontario, Canada

gary56

Post by gary56 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:22 pm

Hello Simon
I have just started to research Stephenson families from Kilham. I am descended from John Sheperdson b app 1815 in Kilham, occp Tailor, wife Eliza. Moved to Hull. Any connections
Thanks Pam