Anne Thurlow

For those who are tracing their Yorkshire ancestors with a surname beginning with the letters 'S' through 'Z'
Sharont9

Anne Thurlow

Post by Sharont9 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi ,
I am trying to find some information about a lady called Ann(e) or Annie Thurlow. I believe she worked at Sledmere house during between 1910 and the 1920's.
She Married William (Billy) Leeson. Anything would be of interest, Her parents, her brothers & sisters.
I have details already of her children but I want to go back in her history. She was my Grandmother but I never knew her.

Ian Soanes
Valued Member

Re: Anne Thurlow

Post by Ian Soanes » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 am

I’m pretty sure Annie was registered as Edith Annie Thurlow in the March quarter of 1895 in Driffield District. She was born in Kilham, daughter of Tom Thurlow and Matilda Lovewell.

Tom was born in Kilham in 1856, son of William Thurlow and Ellen Ezard.

William was born in 1832 in Ruston Parva, son of George Thurlow and Mahala Howfield.

George was born in 1804 in Middleton-on-the-Wolds and baptised there on 9 May 1804, son of John Thurlow and Elizabeth Gowland. [NB: George’s surname was (incorrectly?) recorded as THORLOW.]

John Thurlow was born in Middleton and baptised there on 18 March 1770, illegitimate son of Mary Thurlow [spelled THURLOE]. John died in Middleton and was buried there on 14 May 1828.

Mary may be the Mary Thurloe baptised on 27 August 1751 at Bossall [between York and Malton], daughter of George Thurloe – but this is guesswork.

I have more details on this family if you want them.

Regards,
Ian
Last edited by Ian Soanes on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Soanes
Valued Member

Re: Anne Thurlow

Post by Ian Soanes » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:15 pm

Thurlow and Leason reports and charts sent direct by email