Summers

For those who are tracing their Yorkshire ancestors with a surname beginning with the letters 'S' through 'Z'
Landy boy

Summers

Post by Landy boy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:28 pm

Any body have any details of Henry Summers , wife Margaret (Wales) son John William circa 1850.

stephie

Post by stephie » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:46 pm

I received the following information from a rreally helpful person on genesreunited:
'HENRY SUMMERS is the son of Christopher Summers & Mary Ton'

'possibly Henry Summers' mother: Driffield Times May 21, 1864
On April 28th, Mrs Mary SUMMERS of West Lutton, died whilst working for Mr George FOX on a thrashing machine. Her job was to receive sheaves from the person cutting them open and to pass them onto the person feeding the machine. Whilst on scaffolding, she made a false step and was drawn into the machine. So severe was the force that the machine jammed. A man seized hold of her to prevent her being dragged in and her leg was torn from her body. So great was the shock that her death was instantaneous. She was in her 70th year. Verdict ‘accidental death.'

He was born Abt. 1828 in West Lutton, Yorkshire
Occupation 1871 in Groom & Gardener
Residence 1871 in Adelphia Street, Great Driffield, Yorkshire
He died 1872 in Leeds, W Yorks
HENRY SUMMERS & MARGARET WALES. They were married on 26 Aug 1853 in Weaverthorpe, Yorkshire
They had 4 children.'

If you would like information about Margaret, her children, or her brothers and sisters just let me know.

mungoand

Re: Summers

Post by mungoand » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi ,

I'm a direct decendent of Henry Summers. Any information you can give me on the family would be appreciated.

Regards
H. Summers