Knaggs

For those who are tracing their Yorkshire ancestors with a surname beginning with the letters 'J' through 'R'
Peter6
Valued Member

Post by Peter6 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:07 pm

The following might be relevant:

SUPREME COURT.

At the Supreme Court, in chambers, to-day, His Honor Mr Justice Conolly granted probate to the executors named in the wills of the following deceased persons:: —Robert Reid, Richard Knaggs, John Campbell, Bartolomeo Garbolino, James Westwood, Nathan Kay, senr., Rachel Mcllmoy, Joseph Bell, Edward Earle, Wm. Ede, Jane Lambie, Benjamin Cohen, Mary Jane Walker, Dalrymple Muir, James McQueen, Richard Mears, Eleanor A. Jonas, Sophia Ann Bates, John Pugh, Henry N. Abbott, Beatrica Mary Jenkins, Thomas H. Martyn, Francis Andrew, Jeremiah Saunders, James Matthew, and Ann Pollard. Under the Mining Companies Act, on the motion of- Mr Tole, leave was granted to pay dividend, in the-Katie G.M. Co. (in liquidation). Sanction was also granted on the application of Mr. Tole for payment of 10s in £ in full satisfaction of debts in re the Buropean G.M. Co. (in liquidation). In re McLeod v. McLeod (divorce), leave granted on the application of Mr Brook-field to serve citation out of the colony, respondent, to appear and answer within thirty-five - days after service.

Source: Auckland Star, Volume XXX, Issue 300, 19 December 1899, Page 2

Peter6
Valued Member

Post by Peter6 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Ian,

Thanks, I have been looking at it too long !

Regards,

Peter

Peter6
Valued Member

Post by Peter6 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Just to confirm Ian's information in connection with the death of Elizabeth Knagg

Registration Number Family Name Given Name(s) Date of Birth/Age at Death
1871/1363 Knaggs Elizabeth NR

Source: New Zealand BMD

Rayk

Re: Knaggs

Post by Rayk » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:42 am

Hi, I live in Tauranga New Zealand. A direct descendant of Richard John Knaggs died 1899 buried in Waikumete Cemetery Auckland.
Since retiring my main interest has been collecting items of interest relating to the Knaggs family who came to NZ on the ship Whirlwind.
This includes books. war medals, photos, and includes the original letter written by Richard Knaggs addressed to Mrs Ellen Fox Lockington Near Driffield dated 6th Feby 1860.
As at this time I have not read everything under the forum but I do have quite a reasonable amount of it.
Ray Knaggs