Leason - Driffield

For those who are tracing their Yorkshire ancestors with a surname beginning with the letters 'J' through 'R'

Leason - Driffield

Postby Dorothy » Sun May 26, 2002 8:09 pm

I have recently read about Robert Leason a resident of Driffield. Leason happens to be one of the names that are of our ancestry. The story is said that it was the maiden name of a great great etc. Since this name has been carried down in the family since 1867, the earliest that we have proof of.

It is of personal and genealogy interest to make contact with any living person named Leason in Driffield. We have five males with the name of Leason in our family, representing five generatons of the given name Leason to keep it in the family.

Leason Samuel Kington - born 1867
Father – John Kington - 1839-1910
Martha Exton Kington 1837-abt 1919
Martha’s mother was Ann Leason
Father - John Exton

Could anyone help us trace the root of our Leason name?

Many Thanks,

Dorothy L Kington
Dorothy

Postby Martin Cross » Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:07 pm

I have some information about the Leeson families that originated in Grindale and Greater Kelk if they are of interest to you. Please contact me on cross.martin@virgin.net.

Martin Cross
Martin Cross

Postby Sharrie » Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:02 am

I have Robert Leason married to Nanny Kitchin 1 July 1826 in Kilham.They had 12 children 1827-1854.They lived in Langtoft most of the time.This might be your family.Nanny was a many times great aunt.
Sharrie

Re: Leason - Driffield

Postby Sharont9 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:56 pm

My Mum was a Leason from Driffield and had a mother called Annie Edith Leason (nea Thurlow). Married William leason (a baker by trade) I have cousins called Leason Male & Feamale. Some still in Driffied.
Sharont9

Return to Surnames J-R