Burkill family Middleton on the wolds

For those who are tracing their Yorkshire ancestors with a surname beginning with the letters 'A' through 'I'
KarenD

Re: Burkill

Post by KarenD » Sun May 25, 2014 12:46 pm

d4nnysp3nc3r wrote:Hello, my grandmother Wendy Cooper, previously known as Botterill was the daughter of David Botterill & Margaret Burkill, who was the daughter of Sidney Burkill & Jessie Scholefield as far as i know.

I have been using the 'Ancestry' website to trace my family back as far as i can.

I have been doing a bit of digging and i found a very useful webpage:-'http://clanbarker.com/'.

It traces the history of the Brooksbank family and their employees, including Sidney Burkill.

As far as i'm aware Sidney Burkill was a Chaffeur, Valet & Groom and travelled to New York with Percy A Brooksbank. The webpage details his Birth, Employment to the Brooksbank family, Death, Burial, Spouse & Children.

It details how he was a soldier-servant or 'batman' to Percy Brooksbank during the years 1914 - 1918. It is quite possible to highly likely that him and Percy fought in the Great War.

Hope to hear from you,

Daniel Spencer

KarenD

Re:

Post by KarenD » Sun May 25, 2014 12:51 pm

d4nnysp3nc3r wrote:Hello, my grandmother Wendy Cooper, previously known as Botterill was the daughter of David Botterill & Margaret Burkill, who was the daughter of Sidney Burkill & Jessie Scholefield as far as i know.

I have been using the 'Ancestry' website to trace my family back as far as i can.

I have been doing a bit of digging and i found a very useful webpage:-'http://clanbarker.com/'.

It traces the history of the Brooksbank family and their employees, including Sidney Burkill.

As far as i'm aware Sidney Burkill was a Chaffeur, Valet & Groom and travelled to New York with Percy A Brooksbank. The webpage details his Birth, Employment to the Brooksbank family, Death, Burial, Spouse & Children.

It details how he was a soldier-servant or 'batman' to Percy Brooksbank during the years 1914 - 1918. It is quite possible to highly likely that him and Percy fought in the Great War.

Hope to hear from you,

Daniel Spencer

Hi Daniel

My Grandmother Linda Burkill is the sister of your Great Grandmother Maggie (Margaret) Burkill.

Kind regards.
Karen