Ireland Family - Weaverthorpe

For those who are tracing their Yorkshire ancestors with a surname beginning with the letters 'A' through 'I'
peter

Ireland Family - Weaverthorpe

Post by peter » Tue Aug 22, 2000 11:20 pm

I am researching my branch of the Ireland family from Yorkshire. Richard Ireland born Weaverthorpe 1732 owned the Red Lion Pub in Wold Newton from the mid to late 1700's. One of his son's Michael also had a son Michael who went to Canada in 1819 with his brothers. Michael's eldest son George went to Australia from Canada for the Gold Rush of the 1850's. This was the start of a large branch of the Ireland family in Australia.

I am interested in exchanging any information about the Ireland family from Weaverthorpe.

Peter Ross-Ireland
London

Dave Hill

Post by Dave Hill » Wed Aug 23, 2000 1:10 am

Peter...Please check message from Dave Hill on North Dalton.

TRUDY

Post by TRUDY » Sat Jun 16, 2001 9:06 pm

My Grandmother on my fathers side was an Ireland And the family lived in Weaverthorpe
my grandmothers name was Alminea Ireland she married John William King i do not have dates
children were as follows
Boynton died WW2
Amy
Ida
Elsie
Fred my dad b 1922
Stan b 1922
Betty
I have not looked at this side of my tree as yet so have very few details hope this is helpful happy hunting Trudy

J. Armstrong

Post by J. Armstrong » Mon Jun 18, 2001 6:32 pm

Hi Peter,
In the Weaverthorpe MI booklet:-
Samuel s/o Samuel & Maria Ireland d. Jun 19 1902 @ 21 also his bro. James d. Oct 12 1904 @ 39 & Lillian their sis. d. Jan 3 1911 @ 35

Samuel Ireland d. Sep 21 1915 @ 76 also his wife Maria d. Dec 11 1924 @ 83
Jean

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Oct 01, 2001 2:56 pm

My Great Grandmother (Bessy Ireland) was from Driffield and lived in Weavertthrope and lived in Weaversthrope. Her husbands name was Schoefield Lockwood. Bessy was born 28 July, 1845 in Weaverthrope, Yorkshire, England Her father's name was William Ireland and her mother's name was Frances. One of Schoefield and Bessy off spring was George - born in Weaverthrope in 1863 and joined the Royal Navy- taking leave of the navy in America. Eventually he made his was to North Dakota and settling in a very samll town called Hope. George married Elizabeth Danforth and they had 8 children - one of them Robert - my father. My father had two children Mary and Mike. Hope this helps a little

Heather Speck

Post by Heather Speck » Wed May 31, 2006 1:02 pm

Hi Peter,
I know it's a while since you posted your message but I have a James Ireland b1808 of West Heslerton who married Elizabeth Cooper of Helperthorpe. They settled in Weaverthorpe where they had nine children. One,Susanna, married George Harrison and another,James married Elizabeth Ward and moved to Langtoft. Their son James married Alice Lee and their daughter Alice married Thomas Witty of Bridlington.
It might be of use to you.
Regards Heather.

Judith

Post by Judith » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:41 pm

quote:Originally posted by TRUDY
My Grandmother on my fathers side was an Ireland And the family lived in Weaverthorpe
my grandmothers name was Alminea Ireland she married John William King i do not have dates
children were as follows
Boynton died WW2
Amy
Ida
Elsie
Fred my dad b 1922
Stan b 1922
Betty
I have not looked at this side of my tree as yet so have very few details hope this is helpful happy hunting Trudy

I also have Alminea Ireland on my family tree. Please could you email me at * REMOVED BY ADMIN - PLEASE REPLY USING THE FORUM AND DON'T POST EMAIL ADDRESSES - YOU ONLY ENCOURAGE MORE SPAM *

Thanks
Judith

Jason F

Post by Jason F » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Do you have any details of a Mary Ireland b1853 in Wold Newton and Married Thomas Cooper as part of your tree?
jason

cjl

Post by cjl » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:46 pm

quote:Originally posted by Jason F
Do you have any details of a Mary Ireland b1853 in Wold Newton and Married Thomas Cooper as part of your tree?
jason

Jason Mary Ireland born 1853 Wold Newton was my great great grandfathers sister. What information were you looking for?

Jason F

Post by Jason F » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Mary Ireland is my 2nd Great Grandmother, but other than her marriage to Thomas Cooper I am struggling to find anything else about her. I have no DOB or DOD, no dat eof marriage, nor any lineage back from her. I have got two generations further back on the Cooper side. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will be glad to offer you any information I have on the descendants if you would like it.

Jason

quote:Originally posted by cjl
quote:Originally posted by Jason F
jason

Jason Mary Ireland born 1853 Wold Newton was my great great grandfathers sister. What information were you looking for?