Baron - Driffield

For those who are tracing their Yorkshire ancestors with a surname beginning with the letters 'A' through 'I'

Baron - Driffield

Postby pam Pearson » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:09 pm

We are looking for parents and brothers/sisters of William Baron, born 11th October 1824 in Driffield. Also if there is any link to John and Dinah (nee Gibson?) Baron whose entry on a baptism register shows offspring as Sarah, William, Matthew and Eleanor. Would appreciate any data/links however obscure. Thank you.
pam Pearson

Postby Amiguru » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:03 am

Hi Pam,
Please check your e-mails.[:)]
Regards,

Neville Sisson
Neville Sisson
Amiguru

Postby Lonnie » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:45 am

I am also interested in William Baron and to know who his parents were. William's daughter married a relative, in Guernsey, who then moved to Devon. Any info would be much appreciated.
Lonnie

Postby pam Pearson » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:13 pm

William Baron (b.1823) had 14 children including Ellen (Mary?) b.1852 and William John b.1854. William had 10 children including Ellen (Mary?) b.1881. There is a Channel Island connection. If you wish to know more please get in touch.
pam Pearson

Re: Baron - Driffield

Postby SOS » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:00 am

I realize this reply is 9 years later Lonnie, but i do hope you receive it.

My research has brought up 3 related William Barons and I suspect ‘your’ William is the 3rd that I’ll mention here.
(1) William 1st son of John and Dinah Baron of Driffield. This William b:1823 d:1882 moved to Alderney and lived all his adult years in Alderney. He married an Alderney girl Elizabeth Saunders;
(2) William John Baron born on Alderney 1854 d:1923 the 1st son of William & Elizabeth Baron;
(3) William Victor Baron born on Alderney 1890 1st son of John Thomas Baron known as ‘Jack’ [ Jack b:1861 d:1941]. John Thomas being a brother of William (mentioned in 2), and both are sons of William and Elizabeth (referred to in my (1).

I am currently on Alderney living into my grandmother’s birth place [Alice Ellen Baron]. She was a sister to William Victor. I’d love to share more with you if you’d like to make contact.
You mention that 'William's daughter married a relative in Guernsey, who then moved to Devon'. If 'this William' is my 'William Victor' that would be wonderful, you knowing one of his daughters!
SOS

Return to Surnames A-I