Cemetery Transcriptions

This should only be used for general queries, and not specific name queries. Those should be posted in the surname sections below.
Marcus Rush

Cemetery Transcriptions

Post by Marcus Rush » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 am

Does anyone have access to cemetery transcriptions for Hutton-Cranswick? I have a photo of the stone I am looking for but the age and lack of care make it virtually impossible to read.

Marcus

kay

Post by kay » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:12 pm

If it's any help.. i have a booklet containing the monumental inscriptions of St Peter's Churchyard - Hutton Cranswick.

Marcus Rush

Post by Marcus Rush » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Kay:

I am looking for anyone in the Wallis family that may go back to the 1725-1850 range. Not sure if this family was buried in this location (Hutton-Cranswick) but they were in the area. Perhaps they did not have a grave stone, not sure.

I am also looking for transcripts from St. Mary's church cemetery in Watton. This is for a different family. If you have this I will send the details, if not, I will do another post for this location.

Thanks...Marcus

brianmulhall

Post by brianmulhall » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Marcus, Are you aware that you can obtain a lot of this type of information from the East Yorkshire Family History Society? The web site has a list of publications, with prices & overseas postage. Obviously for an occasional entry it is easier if someone over here can do the looking up for you; I'm only sorry that I cannot help in this particular case.

Brian Mulhall

kay

Post by kay » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi Marcus. I'm afraid there aren't any 'Wallis' inscriptions in the Hutton Cranswick MI's for St Peter's Churchyard.
No variations on the name Wallis either.
Regards.

Marcus Rush

Post by Marcus Rush » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Thanks Kay for looking in the Hutton-Cranswick transcriptions. I am not sure how long this family were there so will continue the search in surrounding areas.

Marcus

Marcus Rush

Post by Marcus Rush » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi Brian:

I am aware of the various publications but there is only one in particular that I am looking for. This request was just to find out if other members of the Wallis family stayed and eventually died in that area.

Marcus