Family Photographs

This should only be used for general queries, and not specific name queries. Those should be posted in the surname sections below.

Family Photographs

Postby tremal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 am

I am in possession of a bundle of old family photographs, which I would like to return to the family concerned to assist their research. Four have on the reverse the follwing details; From Caisley to all; Mr and Mrs J C Craven's com-pliments; Hilda 6 months Jamaica Easter Monday 1911; To Aunt Polly with love from May, Baby 4 months. I think that the family is local to the Driffield area but there is a Jamaican connection. The last is a photograph of the grave of Myrtle Kathleen King, died 1922 aged 29 years. Daughter of Thomas and Mary Farthing. This is a grave in the Driffield Cemetery. Please contact me.
tremal

Postby Ian Soanes » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Myrtle Kathleen Farthing was born c1893, the 4th child of Thomas Farthing (b. 1855 Leven) and Mary Jane Allinson (b. c1862 Driffield). Myrtle married Arthur King in 1919 and had a daughter Vera M King in 1922, just a short time before her death.

Vera is probably the Vera M King who married Charles Woods (December quarter 1945 Buckrose District). It doesn't look like they had any children.

Ian
Ian Soanes
Valued Member

Postby heatherger » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Thomas Farthing was my great grandfather.

Heather Winn
Heather Winn
heatherger

Postby plook » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 am

http://tibthorpeparishcouncil.eastriding.gov.uk/churches.aspx

two old photos and a map on this site.
plook
Valued Member

Return to General Family History and Genealogy Queries