Best Weather?

Do you want to know something about Driffield and the surrounding area?
Questions about Doctors, schools, where can you stable your horse. Ask away, and get the answers you need.

Best Weather?

Postby Joe Pa » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:37 pm

What time of year is best to visit the area in terms of weather? What is the warmest, most comfortable time? Also, what time of year is best to avoid? Thanks
Joe Pa

Postby plook » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi Joe,
The weather over here is unpredictable, the warmest months are June, July,August September. The most miserable grey moths are November,
December, January and Feb. End of March April and May are beautiful-its spring but temperatures vary from +17 C to +5C The temperature over here was -10C in December which is very low for England,

Maximum summer temperature may reach +30C- may be one day a year!

When ever you decide to visit-bring a rain coat.
plook
Valued Member

Postby plook » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:03 pm

PS.
I would be interested in what you think of the service you get whilst overhere. Hope you have a good trip.
plook
Valued Member

Postby Joe Pa » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Thanks Plook. I am a strange American in that I am very polite. My mother talks of her strict English mother and Aunts, even though they were two generations away from the UK, manners were and are a part of who they were. I have had no luck on tracing the ownership of Austhorpe Hall at Leeds. No response by any of those I contacted. Do you have any ideas whom else to ask ?
Joe Pa

Return to Ask Away...