Thorpe Hall

Do you want to know something about Driffield and the surrounding area?
Questions about Doctors, schools, where can you stable your horse. Ask away, and get the answers you need.
Joe Pa

Post by Joe Pa » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Thank you to the admin., I would like to continue here because it seems there are some well versed historians here. I will listen to any lead, however slight. Is there anything out there on John Moore of that time period at Leeds. I know the present Manor was built 1694, but the real estate list claims there was a previous one on the same site, the basements in part still stand on the old foundations. Any idea what his profession may have been? Obviously he was a man of considerable means to build such an estate. And yes, if I had the asking price I would be there tomorrow to reclaim Austhorpe for the clan Moor/Moore ! I will play the lottery this week!

Joe Pa

Post by Joe Pa » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:01 pm

I am having difficulty with that link for researching Leeds, it will not let me see the records. I am trying to see the progression of ownership of Austhorpe Hall, for sale now by the Chapmans. I want to see when my ancestors( Moores ) sold it out of the family, and perhaps find out why. Does anyone have a contact for the Chapmans they could share? Thanks

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi Jo,
Try these sites:

www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceide ... 1_75349063

www.britishlistedbuilding.co.uk/en-4650 ... eeds/osmap

Try these two sites if you have difficulties let me know and I will send a copy.