Moving to Driffield

Do you want to know something about Driffield and the surrounding area?
Questions about Doctors, schools, where can you stable your horse. Ask away, and get the answers you need.

Moving to Driffield

Postby becky2112 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi,

I am originally from West Yorkshire but now live in the South.

I am considering relocating to Driffield as the area seems lovely. Would you recommend it for young families and how easy is it to find work? At present I am an English teacher.

Any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks

Rebecca
becky2112

Re: Moving to Driffield

Postby plook » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:10 pm

Driffield School and 6th form go to -http://www.driffieldschool.net/working-here

For enquiries for a teaching vacancy, please contact Lynne Anderson, Headteacher’s PA by email at landerson@driffield.e-riding.sch.uk

Driffield Junior School -http://www.driffieldjuniorschool.co.uk/contact-us

House Prices are much lower than North Yorkshire and much lower than in the South.

The people are a bit more reserved than in West Yorkshire and the sense of humour is dry but once you get to know them they are wonderful.

There are some lovely villages and the wolds are beautiful but unfortunately there are some wind turbines.

Bridlington has a safe beach smallish sea side town. Flamborough Head Spectacular- not far from York

There is plenty to do and see.
plook
Valued Member

Postby wombina » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:06 am

Hi Becky,

I am just wondering if you made the move from the South to Driffield? We currently live in the South but I am originally from York. We are thinking about moving back to Yorkshire and have seen a house we like the look of near Driffield. However, I don't really know the area and as we'll be moving with 3 young children I am just trying to find others that have already made the move.

If you have done it I hope it went well and you are finding your feet up there. Look forward to hearing from you.

Emma
wombina

Postby wombina » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:06 am

Hi Becky,

I am just wondering if you made the move from the South to Driffield? We currently live in the South but I am originally from York. We are thinking about moving back to Yorkshire and have seen a house we like the look of near Driffield. However, I don't really know the area and as we'll be moving with 3 young children I am just trying to find others that have already made the move.

If you have done it I hope it went well and you are finding your feet up there. Look forward to hearing from you.

Emma
wombina

Return to Ask Away...