WIND TURBINES

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves about whatever you like - keep it clean though else it will just be deleted!
plook
Valued Member

WIND TURBINES

Post by plook » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:02 pm

Who likes wind turbines?

DF

Post by DF » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Certainly not me!!!
I believe that every new house should have solar panels. Nowhere near the blot on the landscape which these turbines are.
We had Two panels on our house in Bridlington in the 1980's and believe me the gas bill for the summer was miniscule and in the winter the water being fed into our boiler for was tepid.
They must have improved since then.
I say "BAN THE TURBINES!!!"

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:06 pm

In my opinion they are a danger to the rurality of the East Riding. In the 1960's tower blocks were thought to be the best thing since sliced bread,now they are terrible. Wind turbines should be placed in areas such as the SEA,if I wanted to place a white tower with a propeller on the top .I would not be able but call it a wind turbine and all is OK according to the ERYC. They are placed on horizons and spoil the vista and do not blend into the landscape. What is more they are not very efficient, as energy from tides or solar energy. Some villages are swamped with them-its terrible. We have a council that is giving out planning permission in my opinion without proper consultation.

DF

Post by DF » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:42 pm

Lobby your E.R. Councillor AND your Parish councillor. My Brother is on a Parish council who have agreed to reject ALL applications for these monstrosoties.
I read an article in the paper the other day which said that the Government were going to give local councils the last say on turbines.
The more people who put their views forward the better.

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:09 pm

Well, I would rather have numerous wind turbines than one coal or gas or nuclear power station. I suppose people complained when windmills were erected many years ago, but people got used to them. Pylons to me are more devastating to the landscape, but we need them as we do other energy sources.

"Have a great one"
"Have a great one"

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Tue May 29, 2012 8:36 am

The East Riding has a coastline why can't they be placed off-shore instead of in land? Holland are getting rid of wind turbines because they are not efficient. We have the second largest tide surge in the UK in the Humber estuary and great swathes of arable land that could be used as underground heat pumps. As for "that's what they said about windmills" , I don't think so. Some villages are surrounded by wind turbines and when there is no wind they don't work that's why windmills became obsolete and the millers turned to water wheels. Rant over!

plook
Valued Member

Re: WIND TURBINES

Post by plook » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:34 am

We are a coastal county with an estuary and a tidal surge. Stick the wind turbines off shore, use up tidal energy and bury electric cables- its seems ok to send underground pipelines across the country but not electric cables. Its time we started valuing our countryside.