So the Scots Want Independence

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves about whatever you like - keep it clean though else it will just be deleted!

So the Scots Want Independence

Postby plook » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:02 pm

If the Scots want independence let them have it but they they can dort out their own banks, own defence, own financial sector, industry,transport,Health Service, education and social services, MPs and Europe. The soon they get on with this the better it will save save us a great deal of money. If they go ahead then they should have their own border controls and I'm only sorry Iddy Armin is dead because he would have been King of Scotland. Up the English!!
plook
Valued Member

Postby crystal » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:53 pm

hi plook just saw your item on scottish independance and your quote up the english MY FATHER ALWAYS SAID HE WAS A YORKSHIRE MAN NOT AN ENGLISH MAN,HE CAME FROM DRIFFIELD
I am sure that a lot of english wish they could be independant of westminster and the E.U.and as I am a scot I do want independance as we will be able to support ourselves with OUR oil,OUR gas,OUR agriculture and of course OUR whisky ALL OF WHICH THE TAXES THE ENGLISH GOVERMENT LAY CLAIM also our education system which is second to none so as you say( up the english).
crystal

Postby plook » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:25 pm

.....and good luck to you!
plook
Valued Member

Postby plook » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:09 pm

There are eleven drugs available on NHS prescription in Scotland, treating such awful conditions as lung cancer, brain tumours, bone and bone marrow cancer and Alzheimer's disease, are denied to NHS patients in England. It might reasonably be supposed that if £11 billion of English money were not going to Edinburgh, there might just be a few bawbees available for such unimportant things as alleviating the sufferings of the English sick? As for the oil industry-why didn't Scotland get in there before those horrible English? All the benifit Scotland receives in Education and care of the elderly and free prescriptions will go because Scotland is not an economicaly viable country- so Och I the noo and right up the Scots.
plook
Valued Member

Postby crystal » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:59 pm

I think that as you are very strong minded why do you not elect for english independance, all drugs should be free of the nhs(except for drug addicts who are a bigger strain on the nhs with their methadone habit) and care for the elderly should be free to all who need it, by the way it is only personal care that is free (a shower once a week)help with medication and a wash every day any other help like making a meal is chargeable and if you wish a tidy round your house you have to pay for this too so do not be too jealous.our elderly deserve better, By the way where were you when they used the scots as guinea pigs for the poll tax I do not suppose you were out there saying the english should have the poll tax put on them at the sme time as the scots anyway here is to an independant scotland and england and I wish you well
crystal

Postby DF » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Sounds as if you Two ought to start re-building Hadrian's Wall!!
DF

Postby plook » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Who got rid of the pole tax? Lets get the Scots out of Parliament first, Hadrians Wall that's no good what did it do for the Womans! Look I hope you become independant and do well.

MacPlook
plook
Valued Member

Postby crystal » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:02 pm

I hope we do well too, if you ever cross the border I am sure you will be given a warm scottish welcome.
crystal

Postby russlandtim » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:22 pm

I dont think the Scots should become independent and I think its a shame they want to be. We are only a small island, we should stick together!Lets all sing Jerusalem,Scotland the Brave and Danny Boy and Land of My Fathers.All together now..... (and thats in no particular order of importance).
russlandtim

Re: So the Scots Want Independence

Postby plook » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:53 am

I agree North of Ireland,Wales Scotland and England are interdependent on each other. Don't let Eric Salmon kid you on, but I do think the English , Welsh and Northern Irish should have a say. Scottish based MPs should not sit in the Westminster Parliament and we would need an Ambassador to Scotland, boarder control and Scottish exchange rates as we bailed out the Bonny Bank of Scotland and is owned by the British Tax payer you will need to buy back your share. It will cock up the Edinburgh Tattoo- there will be a magnificent piped band that will go on squawking for a couple of hours and that will be it. Instead of the Great British bake off there would be the Grate Scotish fry up and the hospitality of a smacking Glasgow kiss. We would need to forsake the haggis and pipe in the Yorkshire Pud! Stay in the UK you need us!!
Nb. purposely provocative.
Mc Plook
plook
Valued Member

Return to General Discussion