Internet Dating and the hurt it can cause

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves about whatever you like - keep it clean though else it will just be deleted!
Chaz

Internet Dating and the hurt it can cause

Post by Chaz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:54 pm

I joined match.com back in january thought i'd give it a try as i don't get out much due to me studying a degree. I wasn't really expecting anything to happen it was just to see how it worked while i was sat at my puta..Anyway to cut a long story short a guy from Ruston Parva contacted me and we started chatting and supposedly getting to know one another. He asked me out and I agreed.. How stupid was I. His whole profile was basically a lie he was actually in a long term relationship with a woman and the whole time we'd been chatting everything he had told me had been a lie. I found out only by sheer accident when I thought i would do something nice for him while he was supposedly in Mansfield at hospital while his nephew was having brain surgery (it was a lie) because to my horror when I went to his bungalow in Ruston Parva to hand deliver a birthday card and gift his girlfriend answered the door. She was lovely and polite and well mannered and totally understood how I must be feeling as her boyfriend had betrayed her in the same way. Then to top it off he was also there as he works behind the property at Ruston his girlfriend called him and told him to get home as I was there to see him and his face was a picture but I was mortified I couldn't even bring myself to look at him he chased after me but I got into my car and got home as fast as I could. Now i'm left with a mixture of emotions and unanswered questions and he has disconnected the only contact numbers I had for him and carrying on with his life as normal without a care in the world for the hurt and devestation he has caused another person.

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:13 pm

You have my sympathy but unfortunately that's the possibility you get when choosing the internet as a way of finding someone. Why don't you name the son of a bitch? Ok I guess you probably don't want to cause anymore hurt to his partner - but the gutless guy has already hurt her and probably told her many more lies and said it was the first time he'd done it and he'll never do it again blah blah blah yea we've heard it all before! If it's any consolation - there are some good guys out there.

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:26 pm

I am really sorry you had this bad experience but look at it this way
you found out about the type of worm he is. I bet he's done it before and will probably do it again. His girlfriend has to live with that every day, you done have to do that. It is heart wrenching for you but put it down to experience and move on. There are some lovely men out there and I am sure you will meet one soon.