Local Radio

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves about whatever you like - keep it clean though else it will just be deleted!
Paul B

Local Radio

Post by Paul B » Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:53 pm

Hi, Does anyone think that the Driffield area should have it's own local radio station? I would not think the BBC would consider a "Wolds" radio service but I may be wrong. But the commercial radio sector could have potential for this area. What do you think?
I know we have service from BBC local radio and commercial radio, but I am talking of a station devoted to this and the surrounding area, more local to us. Your thought's please.
All the best for 2003.[:)]
"Have a great one"

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:51 pm

I remember hearing that Bridlington had started a station up and found the following website if anyone is interested [8)]

http://www.minster-sound-radio.co.uk/brid/frame.html

I'm not convinced that Driffield is ready for commercial radio yet. Don't we get enough from Viking FM [?]

martin.7

Post by martin.7 » Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:11 pm

hi paul
with respect in reply to your question that driffield should have a local radio station, i personally dont think we should. not yet or for the forseeable future.
i appreciate your suggestion and where youre coming from, but the commercial radio stations that already cover our area at this present time are: brid gold coast, galaxy, magic, and viking to name four, let alone the excellent service we get from the local bbc stations ie, humberside and york.
i would have thought that the addition of yet another local commercial radio station would only contribute even more to the constant bombarding of waffling djs and cheap tacky ads.

all the best for 2003

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:01 pm

OK, so it's not local radio but may be of interest to some. There has been some major changes in Dutch radio very recently. As a result Radio 10 FM on 675am has now left that frequency which sends out a terrific signal to virtually all of the UK east coast. It has been replaced with "Arrow" which has moved from 828am. If you are a classic rock music fan give it a listen on 675am, there is very little chat but alot of great music. Regards Paul [:D]

"Have a great one"
"Have a great one"

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:59 pm

For those who were listeners of Radio 10 FM, it can now be heard on 1395 am with a good signal into the Driffield area. The station has only just arrived on this frequency.
[:D]

"Have a great one"
"Have a great one"

Paul B

Re: Local Radio

Post by Paul B » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Announced last Friday, Great Driffield Radio is to serve our area. The group were awarded the licence from OFCOM for a community radio service.
"Have a great one"