Burton Agnes parish registers

IMPORTANT!!Please do not create new requests in this section.Feel free to reply to the existing messages, but all new requests etc should be posted under the appropriate 'Surname' sections below.
Dee

Burton Agnes parish registers

Post by Dee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:49 pm

For those interested in the parish of Burton Agnes, Linda Theriault and Anne Dewing have just completed transcribing those parish registers.

These two ladies have been busy for a few years, transcribing parish registers local to us and which are very useful to genealogists, as well as local history researchers. It's a good thing, too. Whenever someone finds an ancestor here, it increases the chances of them to paying our little part of Yorkshire a visit and so they're secondary usefulness is an increase in tourists, which we well need.

Thank you ladies, from a grateful local resident.

I know there will be many interested in these for FH or local history research. The details are as follows -

Burton Agnes Parish Registers- Baptisms, Marriages & Burials 1700-1812

Transcribed from the original Parish Registers of St. Martin's Church in Burton Agnes, East Yorkshire.
Nearly 4,000 entries.

Marriages are indexed by both bride and groom. 2.99GBP

http://yorkshireparishregisters.webs.com/

Well done, ladies. As most of us will know, these take literally hundreds of hours and lots of eye strain to complete. Please keep going. Your contributions are invaluable.

Anne

Post by Anne » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:17 pm

hi Dee:

Thank you for the information. Will have to check this out as my Thompson family comes from Burton Agnes..

Cheers
Anne
Canada

kay

Post by kay » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi Anne,

Do you happen to have a Martha Thompson b1885 - Yorkshire, married to Richard Baker Moore b.1881 - Wansford ??

I'm trying to find out who Martha's parents were.

Could they have been William Thompson b. 1850 - Burton Agnes and his wife Mary?

Any information will be gratefully recieved!

Anne

Post by Anne » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Hello:

I do have a William Thompson born 1850 who married a Mary? and theyhave a daughter named Martha Thompson born 1885 in Burton Agnes.

cheers
anne

kay

Post by kay » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Thank you Anne.
I'm pretty sure now that Richard's wife Martha was the daughter of the above.
Richard Moore was a direct descendent of mine.