Flamborough descendants

IMPORTANT!!Please do not create new requests in this section.Feel free to reply to the existing messages, but all new requests etc should be posted under the appropriate 'Surname' sections below.
thonerob

Post by thonerob » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:01 pm

Hello All

I am Robert Mainprize from Hull, I have recently been tracing back my family tree and I have many (and I mean many) ancestors from Flamborough and are interested in talking to any one who also has a Mainprize in the tree. Hopefully we can learn more about the people involved from each other.

Thanks and hope to hear from you all soon

Rob

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:24 pm

Any information related to Nettletons' and a Mary Cokell would be apreciated: Daniel Nettleton and Mary Cokell married at Carnaby but lived in Flamborough;they had Boas; Ann; Mary and Jane. Currently researching Mary Cokell, where was she born, have drawn a blank on IGI

JRG

Post by JRG » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:19 pm

Hello Martin,
I hope you dont mind me posting here, but your name has cropped up a few times whilst I have been researching my family tree on my fathers side.

I have only started this week but I have been pleasently surprised at how much I have found in just a few hours....

My name is James Robert Greenley, b: 9/5/1972 in Naples... My brother is Andrew Michael Greenley b: 1/6/1967.
Our father is Thomas William Danby Greenley born 1940 Easington, Co Durham.

My Grandfather was Herbert Greenley b: 20/10/1915 I believe born in Hemsly and lived in the Byland, Wass, Ampleforth (North Yorkshire) area all his life. He had a slightly older brother called Horace......
My Great Gandfather ( I am almost certain of!) is Thomas Greenley b: Bridlington 1882?
and my great great gandfather is William Greenley b: 1855 in Flixton d: 1944? in Ampleforth who was married to Elizabeth Jemmeson b: 1848?

beyond that I am only guessing, There are more Greenleys in Flixton that I have found which are possibly/probably related, but as of yet I have not had the time to look further.....

I have a few census sheets and such things I have saved should you like copies.....

I have found this first step into my family history very interesting and look forward to delving deeper very soon...

If you have anything that you think may be of interest to me then I would be most grateful to receive it or if you would like to know more about the above names I will be more than willing to help where I can.

If of course we a re not realted and you have no idea what I am barking on about then please ignore this message and I apologise for wasting your time!!!

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:50 pm

Cokell
Nettletons
Leng

mgodich

Post by mgodich » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi Aurea,

I have famiy from Flamboro - my Great Grandmother was Hannah Kirby, born in 1850, daughter of Edward (nee 1806) and Mary Ann Frankish (nee 1817). Edward's father, also Edward (1770-1840) married Hannah Darley (1770-1834) in 1794.
That Edward was the son of Robert Kirby (no further info)who married Elizabeth Edwards (nee 1744) in 1765
Hannah Darley was he daughter of William Darley and Hannah Chadwick (nee May, 1742).

I have some additional information on marriages, children and stuff if you are interested. Also, I have traced to the present from Hannah Kirby and her marriage to Tatton Hotham, their children - through my grandfather, John William Hotham.

Marci
quote:Originally posted by Aurea
I have Flamborough rel;atives that I'm trying to find more information on.
Chadwick: William born 1714
Hannah born 1742
Hodgson: Elizabeth born c 1715
Darley: William born 1745
Hannah born 1770
Kirby: Edward born 1770
Robert born 1798
Ann born 1840

William Chadwick is my GGGG Gradfather
Ann Kirby is my G Grandmother who married at Bridlington Quay and moved near Boroughbridge.

Any held would be appreciated.
Beth

Martin Cross

Post by Martin Cross » Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 pm

quote:Originally posted by JRG
Hello Martin,

My Great Gandfather ( I am almost certain of!) is Thomas Greenley b: Bridlington 1882?
and my great great gandfather is William Greenley b: 1855 in Flixton d: 1944? in Ampleforth who was married to Elizabeth Jemmeson b: 1848?

beyond that I am only guessing, There are more Greenleys in Flixton that I have found which are possibly/probably related, but as of yet I have not had the time to look further.....

Hi - I have Thomas Greenley, son of William and Elizabeth Jemmeson in my tree - and some details of William and Elizabeth's descendants. If you contact me off the list i can send you details. my address is martin.cross33@ntlworld.com

best wishes, Martin

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:17 am

I am researching the assendants of Mary Cokell who married Daniel Nettleton. Does anybody have any information relating to this family from Flamborough or surronding area?

j

Post by j » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:19 pm

Is this the:
Daniel Nettleton - International Genealogical Index
Spouse: Mary
Record submitted after 1991 by a member of the LDS Church.
as listed on the IGI? (if so, it needs to be checked in local records as this is not always reliable.)

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... _form=true

Or is it:
Marriage: 11 NOV 1828 Carnaby, Yorkshire, England
MARY COKELL and Daniel Nettleton? Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... _form=true

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:05 pm

J,
Thanks but I have this information- I need help with Mary's ascendants,her mother father siblings etc. I am fairly sure she was from Flamborough and in the 1841C there is a Ann Cockill aged 65yrs living with them so I guess its her mother. Mary Cokells husband Daniel came from Burton Agnes.
Kind regards

j

Post by j » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:20 pm

An Ann Coukell was christened in Flamborough on 17.5.1773, daughter of John.
John was also father to:
Mary Cochel ch 30.1.1780
Hannah Coakel ch. 12.4.1783
John Coakel ch 19.3.1786

I don't know if that helps at all.