Tibthorpe/ Driffield Old Photographs

IMPORTANT!!Please do not create new requests in this section.Feel free to reply to the existing messages, but all new requests etc should be posted under the appropriate 'Surname' sections below.
Hilary

Tibthorpe/ Driffield Old Photographs

Post by Hilary » Sat Feb 03, 2001 12:35 am

I acquired a box of old photos at an auction here in Canada. They are of Tibthorpe and Driffield mostly.

One photo is of -:
Mr.William Henry Wilson
Blacksmith
Tibthorpe
Driffield
Yorks.
Age 78 and taken in 1929. He is the father of the person who owned most of these pictures.

I would like to find any relatives of this family who still may be in the area and would like to have these photos. I would like to see them returned home.

Some of the names on the other pictures are -:
William Martindale Wilson, Blacksmith
Ted and Guy Brown, John Brown,
Katie Belt, F. Belt.
Potters, Hall and many more.
Mostly Wilson and Brown

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help !

Hilary Everitt
Canada

Martyn Powell

Post by Martyn Powell » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:24 pm

Hi Hilary,

I have just come across this particular web site. I currently live in the village of Tibthorpe and I am searching for any old photos of the village and dwelings (hopefully one of my house which to date I have none). I am one of the Parish councillors for the village and we have our own web site where we have early pictures of the village. Do you have any that we could post on our web site.

Kind regards Martyn

Martyn Powell
Martyn Powell

Anne

Post by Anne » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:01 pm

Martyn:
Could you post the website address as I would like to look at the old photographs. I have relatives that lived there.

Thanks
Anne

Martyn Powell

Post by Martyn Powell » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:09 pm

Hi Anne,

Our village web site is www.tibthorpe.org.
There are only a few old photos there at the moment and some of our Jubilee celebrations a couple of years ago. We are trying to locate more so we can add them to it.

Regards Martyn

quote:Originally posted by Anne
Martyn:
Could you post the website address as I would like to look at the old photographs. I have relatives that lived there.

Thanks
Anne

Martyn Powell
Martyn Powell

Heather Speck

Post by Heather Speck » Wed May 31, 2006 11:57 am

Hi Hilary,
My relatives were blacksmiths at Tibthorpe & Cranswick. They were called Shepherdson. Thomas married Jane Wilson of Cranswick. They had relatives called Brown, also in Tibthorpe.
Are your photos relevant?
Regards Heather.

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:48 am

Unfortunately, the photos have now found a home with descendants.

DiMckee

Post by DiMckee » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:06 am

Message to Robert Hall

I am sseking information on Major Leslie Caley (RTD) cousin to my mother His mother and my grandmother Ethel Vickers were cousins

DiMcKee
DiMcKee

Judith

Post by Judith » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:33 am

quote:Originally posted by Hilary
I acquired a box of old photos at an auction here in Canada. They are of Tibthorpe and Driffield mostly.

One photo is of -:
Mr.William Henry Wilson
Hilary Everitt
Canada

Hi Hilary
Do you have family connections with a Wilson family line in Canada as I'm looking for information on a William Wilson, born in 1827, who emigrated to Canada from East Yorkshire after the 1851 census and before his marriage ~1867 and wondered if you could help please? Thank you.

Judith

Post by Judith » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:40 pm

quote:Originally posted by Graham1
Dear Hilary, I think Wm Wilson is a relation of my gg grandfather, Francis Wilson, in Tibthorpe in 1881. The family moved around in Francis' youth before settling in Tibthorpe. For more details or confirmation, visit http://www.tribalpages.com/tribes/g30061960 and go directly to Francis Wilson.
Would you be so kind as to let me know if Francis or any of his family are mentioned at all? It would be wonderful to have a picture of any of these ancestors. If so, let me know if you would like any money by way of reimbursement for this kind act? Yours appreciatively, Graham

Hi Graham
I am just researching my Wilson family line in more detail and see that I am also related to Francis Wilson, born ~1881, who lived in Tibthorpe. Did you ever receive any photos of him? Please could you tell me who he married and the names of their children? Also, do you know anything about his older brothers John William & Charles? Thank you. Judith