Sisson's waggon builders

Wolds Wagoners [SIC] Reserve, a regiment that Lt Col. Sir Mark SYKES squire of Sledmere raised from the local rural population, they formed a core of an elite troop of horsemen much in demand throughout the army to maintain a stead supply of materials and munitions to the frontline.

Sisson's waggon builders

Post by RichardH » Sat Dec 01, 2001 9:59 pm

As a follow-up to my previous request about the Wolds Wagoners(sic) - has anyone any information about the builders of the waggons? I know Sisson's were one such, but I have no information about them, or any other builders of Wolds waggons, again, ANY help - papers, records, pictures, family stories, anything at all please. An intensive web search has come up blind, and this I feel is something which could be remedied. Similarly, once more, any items which people feel they could share about the Wagoners themselves would be very welcome. Email replies would be fine, if people are unsure about posting in open forum.

Edited by - RichardH on 1 Dec 2001 22:01:56

Post by Amiguru » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:03 pm

Neville Sisson

Re: Sisson's waggon builders

Post by grinwolf » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Not sure if sisson's of Beswick did waggons for the army, but they were foremost in waggon buiding at that time.