Unauthorised Parking

Several people have asked for online polls on the forum, so this is where we will be putting them. Please take time to vote and let us know what issues you want putting to the vote.
plook
Valued Member

Unauthorised Parking

Post by plook » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:27 am

Could we establish a poll so that unauthorised parking is dealt with in Driffield Streets?

OldAdmin

Post by OldAdmin » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:16 pm

I'm sure we could all have a vote on here, but I don't see how it will deal with the problem? You don't think anyone actually listens to the peoples voice do you?

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:31 pm

Dear Adminie,
A lot of people read this site but only a few of us post letters could you link , ask the councilor page and ask your MP pages with this site? Then at least we would know which councilor /MP were proactive as apposed to inert.
At least then the readers would know who got things done and who did not and at least the people would know why and who to vote for.

OldAdmin

Post by OldAdmin » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:36 pm

Yes, these are things we have planned for the 'new site' but in the mean time in case anyone is looking for them...

Greg Knight's contact details and the way he votes on things etc in Parliament can be found here on the excellent 'They work for you' website

If you fancy playing 'Ask the Leader' of The East Riding council a question then go here Don't bother asking why the Chief Exec gets paid £140,000 though - I think it is a sensitive subject and personally I think he deserves it.

DF

Post by DF » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:17 pm

quote:Originally posted by Admin
If you fancy playing 'Ask the Leader' of The East Riding council a question then go here Don't bother asking why the Chief Exec gets paid £140,000 though - I think it is a sensitive subject and personally I think he deserves it.
Are you related to him then?

After almost 20 years working for the last lot I know how much the EARN; Nothing like the half ammount they are PAID.

OldAdmin

Post by OldAdmin » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:15 am

Related to him? I am him. Only kidding folks. I'm not sure he actually earns his money, or if he deserves it. However, ultimately he is at the top of the tree for a very large organisation (company if you like) and the salary reflects that. Then again, if these people are so good and deserve this money, maybe they ought to go earn it in the private sector instead.

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:29 am

I think an issue is when the majority of people are apathetic and moan but do not do anything you cannot blame the person who does. Whether thy deserve their salary is one thing and if they earn it is another. I know if you pay peanuts you get monkeys maybe that is why our service industry in this country is below a standard that you see in most European other countries.