what is the most boring pub in driffield

Several people have asked for online polls on the forum, so this is where we will be putting them. Please take time to vote and let us know what issues you want putting to the vote.

what is the most boring pub in driffield

Postby geordie » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:38 pm

my vote is most def the station buffet it has to be the most boring pub in the country let alone driffield all the rest of the pubs in driff get a decent crowd but this place is just boring boring boring . the food was decent but when on valentines day all other pubs & venues are full you would be sat alone in this place as we were when we made the mistake of booking a table there a couple of years ago . my advise is go to stuarts chippy and the tiger
geordie

Postby Pete » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:15 am

i've never been in so i suppose i am just adding to the problem. Maybe one day i'll sneak in for a look.
You said 'a couple of years ago'. Have you been in since and was it still quiet?
Pete

Postby daniels reef » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:59 am

This pub was no-smoking long before it was law , so started off with a bit of a handicap from the other pubs in town, so people tended to leave it out of their trip round town on a night. Now all other bars are n/s it has caught up a bit.

Being a bit of a regular , I have noticed that there has been a big turnover in staff (maybe management issues , or wages, hours , I dont know), however the staff that are there now seem to be in for the long haul, and with a couple of new chefs , the food is taking off ,with many specials thru the week, check the boards outside . various theme nights are happening as well ( recently Mexican , with food offers and Sol lager on offer. Its a start! Need to be a bit more vigourous on the Advertising front I think.

There is only a limited Tv and music offering , but with regular jam and karaoke nights , the regulars make their own atmosphere, and you can still here yourself talk !! Some decent handpulls , and I hear Sam Smiths is coming soon , but still serving the regular stuff . No Fosters here but Amstell is a good substitute , & Smiths is fine too

All in all , its picking up . go see !!.

PS No I dont have shares in the place !LOL

Live life, Have fun!
Live life, Have fun!
daniels reef

Postby OldAdmin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:07 pm

nice to have a balanced look at the place - thanks for taking the time daniels reef
OldAdmin

Return to Local polls - come and vote on our hot topics