New Developments

Discussion about the controversial planning proposals for the land to the East of Middle Street which includes the former Driffield Cattle Market site
plook
Valued Member

New Developments

Post by plook » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:57 pm

Is Tesco moving , if so where too? How will traffic manover the narrow streets arround the cattle market site, during and after construction? When will the new sports centre be built? If any councilers know the answers , please share it with us.

Turnip Town

Post by Turnip Town » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:24 pm

No doubt Tesco will want to move as it, nationally anyway, furthers its desires to basically put many smaller traders out of business. Instead of money being spent on local traders, it will go to the coffers of big business!

As for redevelopments in general, I noticed that some prize moron has already knocked part of the newly built brick walling down at the Dewhirst flats redevelopment and it looks as if some dope has also been trying to pull the iron railings down that were only recently installed. What is it with these prize wasters that they have to try and wreck anything that somebody does to improve the town ?

Maybe they should have been shot at birth ?

Hmm

Turnip Town

Post by Turnip Town » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:21 am

Hi Plook,

I had to giggle a bit last year when there was all this talk of redeveloping the cattle market site. I noticed that there seemed to be a rash of houses suddenly up for sale on Eastgate! Naturally, this won't in any way be connected to the possibility of having three hundred billion shoppers visiting the new Tesco store or the forty thousand HGV's pounding Eastgate into oblivion!!

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:37 pm

Have noticed recently on my round Driffield trips that on new building sites for private housing, the space for any garden seems to be getting minute! Do builders think that people don't want to garden anymore or grow healthy, home grown veg that isn't supermarket aged (meaning filled with all sorts of poison that extends their shelf life)? Not only that but the gaps between the properties are so small - you can reach out your bathroom window and shake hands with your neighbour (if you were so inclined!)

apokalipse

Post by apokalipse » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:03 pm

quote:Originally posted by Galadriel
Have noticed recently on my round Driffield trips that on new building sites for private housing, the space for any garden seems to be getting minute!

That is, unfortunately, not just a Driffield phenomenon. I now live in a block of 6 flats that has private parking which is great, but no visitor parking and only one space per flat when about half the flats have two cars! joy.