Tesco

Discussion about the controversial planning proposals for the land to the East of Middle Street which includes the former Driffield Cattle Market site
Galadriel

Tesco

Post by Galadriel » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:57 pm

What's happening with Tesco in Driffield? Since the lucky few won the lottery the store has gone right down hill, never anything on the shelves, shrivelled up veg on display and trying to fob us off by blaming other producers for not supplying when it's Tesco that doesn't want to stock! Is this part of their grand plan for expansion or crap management at the store or what?

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:30 am

Tesco has always been rubbish, but it suits the majority of lazy Driffield folk who cannot be bothered to go elsewhere.

They are a great marketing machine and seem to have the world convinced that they are cheap.

Always makes me chuckle how EVERY year for the last 9 years Asda have been the cheapest supermarket in the official Grocer survey. Surely after 9 years people still cannot believe the Tesco hype???

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:50 pm

Rubbish it may be but sometimes you have to go in there, cos as much as I'd like to get to Morrisons or elsewhere, I haven't got the time until the weekend. But it isn't Tesco's prices that annoy me it's the fact their shelves are stocked with only their own products, at least with other supermarkets you get a choice of their own make and one or two other well known brands. Tesco needs a wake up call!

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:01 am

I think Tescos is going down the nick. It currently is a second best store. It seems to be running down. I feel sorry for people that have to use it. An ASDA would be great. ASDA is not cheap its better value and better products. I would open it somewhere off the bypass in a retail park.

Miss Jones

Post by Miss Jones » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:25 pm

Oh like we would be allowed an Asda after we have just been blessed with a Lidl! How lucky are we to have a store which sells such fine products as . . . . erm sorry can't tell you what the products are as they are all foreign! Some poor person probably sat down to some beans on toast and ended up with sheeps eyes on an extra large cracker! I don't normally take my german phrase book shopping with me not sure if anyone else does??

Why on earth didn't they give us an asda to begin with instead of a minging store like Lidl, I'm not a snob or anything like that I just think it's manky and I would like to know if the wine I am drinking from there is dry,medium or sweet.

I will continue to shop at my usual stores such as Heron and costcutters and stay loyal to the stores which have been around for ages!!!!

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:44 pm

Hear Hear Miss Jones! I regularly walk past the Goole Lidl store and wonder how they manage to keep going - there's never anyone in there!
Which pompous so and so said Driffield needed a Lidl?

ladymuck

Post by ladymuck » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:39 pm

here here miss jones. you obviously feel very strongly on this subject and totally agree. well said . yes heron very good and staff real nice and friendly .

Cherry Bomb

Post by Cherry Bomb » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:51 pm

I was in Lidl the other night and the manager told the girl on the checkout to knock off early as it hadn't many any profit again! I have also heard that all the staffs hours have been halved! This does not bode well really does it!

What is the point of bringing new stuff into Driff if we can't use it.

Maybe it's just Lidl I don't particulary like it or maybe driff doesn't like change?

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:30 pm

quote:Originally posted by Miss Jones
I don't normally take my german phrase book shopping with me not sure if anyone else does??
... I would like to know if the wine I am drinking from there is dry,medium or sweet.

Not everything is in German, and the things that are DO have English on the package aswell. There are many branded items including the wine which has the exact same labels as it does at scabby Tesco.
No doubt you holiday in the Costa Del Sol with all the other millions of sad english folk who venture as far as the english pubs and restaurants out there.

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:56 pm

A bit rough there weren't you Pete - We don't all visit the Costa Del Sol - Iv'e never been there (am sure that those who do visit there enjoy doing so though, but I do agree with what Miss Jones mentioned about not knowing what the products are. We don't all have the time to look at the pictures (if there are any) or scrutinise the ingredients - which must be hell for those with allergies anyway.