Driffield School 79-84

A new forum for those school day memories

Postby dgwainwright » Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:24 pm

James Sykes ! Lead trumpet in the school orchestra I seem to remember. Dave Wainwright (second/reject clarinet) here. Good to see you're doing well. I moved to London when I was 20, then moved back up to Yorkshire 2 years ago. I'm now a senior IT consultant based in Leeds.

I'm fairly sure Mike Godwin is now working for Dewhirsts (IT Dept) in Driffied.
dgwainwright

Postby Dalesdesigns » Sun Apr 14, 2002 9:43 am

Going back to Spires - who remembes the headless axe man? I came to Spires several times as a tiny tot, my dad (Mr.Archer), used to take loads of trips up every year and I distinctly remember being posted through windows betweek the boy's & girl's dorms to arrange rendevous when both parents were asleep!!!!! Also does anyone remember a boy called Roger - he would only eat fish fingers!?
Dalesdesigns

Postby sean robinson » Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:22 pm

quote:

Who has some great memories of Spiers Bank then?? Out in the middle of nowhere, those crappy ghost stories that the teachers used to tell and everyones awful attempts at cooking in the kitchen house!!!

yeh. i do,went on my field trip there over the bonfire period. loads ov laughs,only problem was Mr Sissons was there.good memories though.
ROBO

sean robinson

Postby idbentley » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:27 am

Congratulations Tom, all that reading at an early age really paid off then.
quote:
Originally posted by edbeer
Tom is fine lives in Naff now, he is a millionaire and owns a book publishing house

idbentley

Postby Romans8 » Sun May 23, 2004 12:15 am

Anyone remember Mrs Tickle and Mrs Batham?? English teachers!!

As for Spiers bank... I remember what I DID get up to there!! [:I]

I left Driff. School in 1993, after A levels, anyone else from that time???
Romans8

Postby masslander » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:35 pm

Message for Sean Robinson..How are you doing ? do you remember me,(infact does anyone remember me ? ) Its Ian Okey.

Just reading through this site for the first time and couldn't believe the memories that started coming back, and they once told us that school days are the best of your life, how true they were and would we listen????? me ?
Ian Okey.....
masslander

Postby Paula_x » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:30 pm

mrs jackson the history teacher was so horrible [:(]

paddy white was sound tho [:)]

paula
paula
Paula_x

Postby alanwbarrett » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:04 pm

Hi i left Driffield School in 1977 i think, Mrs Spirit was my music teacher, Mr wray Tech Drawing, to name a couple.
My name is Alan Barrett and a couple of my class mates that come to mind are Ray Brashaw, Shaun Melling, Dave England, Paul Hornby, Paul Wilson, it would be great to hear from anyone if they remember me, i moved away from Driffield area but am now back, anyone can contact me via my Email

Alanwbarrett@aol.com
alanwbarrett

Postby Michael » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:57 pm

If you attended Driffield School and sat your O level exams in the June of 1984 then get yourselves down to the Bell Hotel for a 40th birthday reunion on Saturday March 22nd 2008.

It will be an informal gathering help us all tocatch up with old friends, the evening starts at 8pm.

For further information contact Andrea Hawken, formerly Brown,

email : reunion84@driffield.com
Michael

Re: Driffield School 79-84

Postby grinwolf » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:45 pm

Have been looking through some of the earlier Driff school re-unions, in particular Driffield School 79-84.
Harry Benson is mentioned many times. Remember him starting DRIFF. school about 1963, he was a science teacher, and I remember his sense of humour , though not his false teeth.

Harry lived at Lowthorpe, and some days would run to school, and back home again at end of school day. He was a member of Hull Harriers.
Harry was one of the many characters in the teaching team at Driff.

The majority of the teachers in the boys school, or the upper school as it later became known were good honest, down to earth , no nonsence people.
Strict disciplinarians - firm but fair - god bless them all.
grinwolf

Previous

Return to School Reunion