Ladies clubs?

News and Info. from the Clubs, Groups & Associations in the Region
plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:25 am

LizzieJ think of Pete pleeeeeease he goes grey in September. You may not know this but beige leather shorts a jaunty hat ( a plaster on the insertion site of the silicon chip) beige socks up to the knee with small tabs at the side, shoes, a big white handkerchief and a few bells stitched here and there about the person. This is the regalia of a Maurice Dancer what I would like to know is who was Maurice????? did he get locked up for throwing himself about on street corners and is he out now?

LizzieJ

Post by LizzieJ » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:39 pm

Hello Plook. I wonder why Pete goes grey in September....is it his autumn plumage? Or will it be permanent?

Maurice? Aren't they called Morris Dancers? lol. I understand he has quite a few followers this Morris chap, I saw some a while back when I was in Beverley centre and some were ladies too!

Now what rules is the Beige Club going to be run under? Suggestions please! L x

celest

Post by celest » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:28 pm

I have move from the south to bilton, to far up to meet people, had a job but was made redundant, my partner works and I have no friends, can't get out much due to a bad bus service, any female from bilton who needs a friend let me know, must be middle age.

thank you,

e angell
e angell

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:57 pm

I felt the same when I moved to a new village however I got to know people whilst walking my dog, going to the local shop, then to functions in the village hall. I dont know Bilton but get your husband to take you to the pub and keep an eye out on the village notice boards for various doos, have a stall at a local car boot etc.
What I will say is that you may find the people you meet insulare but smile and say hello you may well have to break the ice first here is always Church and Chapels slimming clubs etc. Good luck