WIND FARMS

General discussion, News, Appeals, Announcements, etc. from Villages in and around the Yorkshire Wolds
plook
Valued Member

WIND FARMS

Post by plook » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:46 pm

Wind farm distances criticised

9:02am Tuesday 26th June 2012 in East Yorkshire news
PLANNERS in East Yorkshire have been criticised by a councillor for not setting a minimum distance between wind farms and homes.

Coun Paul Robinson, who represents Howdenshire on East Riding of Yorkshire Council, renewed his call for new guidelines to be set last week, 18 months after his first request, after Lincolnshire County Council said this month that distance rules should be set for turbine schemes near villages which have ten or more homes.

DF

Post by DF » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:07 pm

We Signed a petition on Sunday to try and stop one going on Flamborough Head of all places. Are they mad???

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:05 pm

There is one part of the Planning Dept at ERYC letting peoplill then e stick these things up where they like and the other half of the planning department trying to maintain East Yorkshires unique environment. I find it particularly annoying when we have the luxury of a coast where these frigging thing could generate energy without being a blot on the landscape. You will see in 20yrs time they will be taking the bloody things down but till then the rural population, excluding some farmers, have no choice in the matter.

DF

Post by DF » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:06 pm

I have just learned that some farmers are offering bribes to the Parish councils to get their plans for wind turbines passed!! If I wanted plans passed for alterations or additions to my home and offered money to the council I know that would not be legal so how can they get away with it???

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi DF,

If you know this let ERYC know about it-I would.

Plook

DF

Post by DF » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Here is one instance, see the site below:-

http://www.lissettvillage.com/residents.htm

Mentions "Lisset Wind Farms Trust Fund"

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Look at the application 12/03125/STPLF For a Wind Turbine at Springdale Farm Rudston and read "Community Benefit" 2.4.1 It is there in Black and White!!

plook
Valued Member

Re: WIND FARMS

Post by plook » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:23 pm

Its terrible-they are sticking a wind turbine next to a scene that Hockney painted in Kilham. Why cant the different agencies within ERYC interface with each other-tourism- conservation-planning-rural development?? This isn't democracy.