Middleton on the Wolds

General discussion, News, Appeals, Announcements, etc. from Villages in and around the Yorkshire Wolds
Cartyorkshire

Middleton on the Wolds

Post by Cartyorkshire » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:01 pm

If I may introduce myself, my name is Andy and I am the County Information Officer for an organisation called CART (Coleshill Auxiliary Research Team). I myself live within East Yorkshire and carry investigations into a secret network of volunteer men and women prepared to be Britain's last line of defence during World War 2. They operated in a network of cells from underground bases all over the UK and many are in and around East Yorkshire. My research leads us to Middleton Hall.

Middleton On The Wolds was a very important area in our part of Yorkshire as it was used as the HQ of the British Resistance in WW2. I am writing on here to ask if anyone knows the owners of the halls grounds at the present time as I am trying to gain access for research.

It would extremely gratifying to find some information out on the role of Middleton On The Wolds and how it would have been of prominence if the Germans had invaded our Country. If you yourself knows of a member of the Auxiliary Units, they could be family members then I would be very interested to hear from you. You can contact me at Cartyorkshire@gmail.com

Our organisation can be found at http://www.coleshillhouse.com