Moving to Duggleby

General discussion, News, Appeals, Announcements, etc. from Villages in and around the Yorkshire Wolds
norfy

Moving to Duggleby

Post by norfy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 pm

My husband and I are in the process of moving to Duggleby in the near future, and wondered if ot is possible to get a mobile network that actually works in the village. We know that O2 definately doesn't, any suggestions would be welcome.
We currently drive an automatic car, would that fair well in the winter or would it be preferable to have a 4x4?
We are really looking forward to a much quieter life away from the hustle and bustle.

We noticed that there are quite a few houses for sale in Duggleby, is there any specific reason for this?

SAW
SAW

AandA

Post by AandA » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:10 pm

I have only just read this message re mobile reception in Duggleby but I may be too late posting this reply. We have a 'booster' box from BT which means we do get a good signal with our mobiles. We have a 4x4 but the council do a great job of clearing/gritting the main roads in winter. Otherwise, people all help each other out with any shopping. There are a few houses for sale but they are all genuine reasons eg widowed, scholarships to schools, change of job etc. I hope this helps you.