beeford fish and chip shop

General discussion, News, Appeals, Announcements, etc. from Villages in and around the Yorkshire Wolds
HappyBunny
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:27 pm

Post by HappyBunny » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:49 pm

lol,

Well - the Karma police will be dealing with him, let's face it - he's all alone in this world and the epitome of a bully - so at some point someone who has suffered mental/physical bullying from this type of thick tug - the obvious will happen - the problem will be solved!! or to quote "you know what I mean",

enviromental health - noone got ill eating the food yet surprised he's still in business after he was seriously fined for emptying the bins at the end of each day to wash & reuse the chip containers.

local Police - Really helpful yet CPS would normally drop a case like this and when the local police (who do a good job) pop in - he gives them the same abuse with apparent immunity,

so on the obvious route to lodge a complaint to protect the wider public hasnt been met by deaf ear's yet key establishments are impudent in taking action.

But the karma police are a different kettle of fish - we'll have to wait and see :)

As for me, I've taken 5 minutes away from my loving family and friends to articulate that there are more important things & people to focus one's energy on in this life -

Life is just a journey after all - we have a choice as to whether we are just passing through....

:)

hawk
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by hawk » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:09 pm

latest info re fish shop

the tiger pub accross the road does take out fish n chips & has a big sign advertising this

the words " HUMAN RIGHTS ! " has been wrote on fish shop by the owner in relation to having his electric cut off

ljs250876
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Post by ljs250876 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Does anyone think this guy will sell ? I would be a quite interested in looking to buy this establishment.[/size=2]



quote:Originally posted by hawk
latest info re fish shop

the tiger pub accross the road does take out fish n chips & has a big sign advertising this

the words " HUMAN RIGHTS ! " has been wrote on fish shop by the owner in relation to having his electric cut off



plook
Valued Member
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 9:17 am

Post by plook » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:41 am

You could try mate. Make sure you are a good sprinter and I suggest you wear a crash helmet! At one time this Fish and Chip Shop was very good and there is lots of passing trade so good luck.

Fishrights
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Fishrights » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:13 pm

Ha, human rights! What about the rights of the fish!! Totally agree with everybody on this site, had the misfortune of "meeting" this total dickhead last year, was extemely rude and became obvious he hates anybody who passes through his door!!

Just passed by the chippy and the knobjockey is sat outside with his can of lager, warm from the fridge now he has no elctricity, good result I would say, what an idiot!!!

Mister E
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Mister E » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:09 pm

quote:Originally posted by SueG
Swilly's is by far the best (Stuarts) followed by Thompsons at Wetwang - only my opinion of course,
Does anybody remember Greasy Betty's down Scarborough Road ?

Sue

sioux

Mister E
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Mister E » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Stuart has a shop in Driffield and one in Beverley. Swilly is his nickname from school as I recall. I think Scarborough Road chippy was nicknamed "Sweaty Betty's". It was a good shop as evidenced by the size of the queue which often went outside and down the street.

Mister E
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Mister E » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:19 pm

I think that we should avoid abusing a man who may not be in the best mental health.....ok so he has been abusive and illogical. Let those without sin cast the first stone.

passing through
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:57 pm

Post by passing through » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:57 pm

quote:Originally posted by Mister E
I think that we should avoid abusing a man who may not be in the best mental health.....ok so he has been abusive and illogical. Let those without sin cast the first stone.


I started this thread to warn travellers who were " passing through " Beeford to avoid this establishment unless they wanted to be served with sub standard, no, inedible crap and be abused. I drove past it, at teatime, in late March and was pleased to see him staring out of the window with no customers and no over flowing bins of thrown away food. With 20,000+ views and little custom, some seem to have got the message. Others have posted of their disgust in stopping.

If the bloke is mentally ill, then he should not be running a food shop and his family should seek medical help for him.

Mister E
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Mister E » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:01 pm

quote:Originally posted by passing through
quote:Originally posted by Mister E
I think that we should avoid abusing a man who may not be in the best mental health.....ok so he has been abusive and illogical. Let those without sin cast the first stone.


I started this thread to warn travellers who were " passing through " Beeford to avoid this establishment unless they wanted to be served with sub standard, no, inedible crap and be abused. I drove past it, at teatime, in late March and was pleased to see him staring out of the window with no customers and no over flowing bins of thrown away food. With 20,000+ views and little custom, some seem to have got the message. Others have posted of their disgust in stopping.

If the bloke is mentally ill, then he should not be running a food shop and his family should seek medical help for him.

I agree with what you say, but to hurl abuse at him is not going to solve anything, and may end in tragedy. As you say, the onus seems to be on his family and, possibly, on the NHS.

Post Reply