beeford fish and chip shop

General discussion, News, Appeals, Announcements, etc. from Villages in and around the Yorkshire Wolds
geoffkendal

Post by geoffkendal » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:15 pm

It's nice to see you are all getting on so well with my cousin in Beeford. What a cracking sales platform for his chip shop. Three pages of comments ! You cant buy coverage like that. You have got to admit, it makes you want to call in and run the gauntlet. I'm 130 miles away and I'll be through for some chips when the weather picks up.

orinoco

Post by orinoco » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Geoff.
Have you ever tried his food or service !!!!

passing through

Post by passing through » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:53 pm

quote:Originally posted by geoffkendal
It's nice to see you are all getting on so well with my cousin in Beeford. What a cracking sales platform for his chip shop. Three pages of comments ! You cant buy coverage like that. You have got to admit, it makes you want to call in and run the gauntlet. I'm 130 miles away and I'll be through for some chips when the weather picks up.

Make sure you ring before you set off. He might strike up the burner and put a fresh batch of chips in for you or on the other hand he might just warm up those left over from July.

geoffkendal

Post by geoffkendal » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:54 pm

We arent overly endowed with good chip shops in kendal. I am still fascinated by the amount of coverage Nick's getting. I have a shop (not a chippy)and give good service to customers (I think), but havent got the interest all you have in this chippy. Maybe I could learn something.

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Geoffkendal-is he really your cousin? If so you must know hes a lunatic
cant you get him some treatment ?and dont you start giving bad service for publicity's sake- there is plenty of bad service about however not like your cousin the mad chippy of Beeford hes over the top. Merry Christmas

geoffkendal

Post by geoffkendal » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:12 am

Yes he really is my cousin, my mum's brother's second born. And Ido know a little of the history of the whys and wherefores of his issues, but obviously they are personal to him and not for discussion on a public forum. But as a family member you will have to excuse me for being a bit partisan on his side. However, I would make the point that you all tell me he is insulting,unpleasant in front of kids, etc, etc. Yet on this public forum some of you have called him a nutter, thug, threatned violence, etc, etc and presumably this forum is available to kids?

....and that is the best I can do. The case for the defence rests.

You all have a good christmas.

Geoff

passing through

Post by passing through » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:13 pm

quote:Originally posted by geoffkendal
Yes he really is my cousin, my mum's brother's second born. And Ido know a little of the history of the whys and wherefores of his issues, but obviously they are personal to him and not for discussion on a public forum. But as a family member you will have to excuse me for being a bit partisan on his side. However, I would make the point that you all tell me he is insulting,unpleasant in front of kids, etc, etc. Yet on this public forum some of you have called him a nutter, thug, threatned violence, etc, etc and presumably this forum is available to kids?

....and that is the best I can do. The case for the defence rests.

You all have a good christmas.

Geoff

The reason I started this thread is to WARN *passing through* trade to avoid this establishment. It is a nice village on the main route from Scarbourgh, Bridlington to Hull and then the south over the Humber bridge. A convenient stop for a break. Why have substandard food, swearing and insults from someone with ASBO's and subject to curfews from the police and convicted in the courts for his disgracefull conduct. People with no association to Beeford or Driffield have taken the time to find this thread, join and post as to their experiences at this s**t hole of a fish and chip shop.

With luck word will spread and it will shut down through lack of business. That is what it deserves.

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:50 pm

Hope its not congenital.

geoffkendal

Post by geoffkendal » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:07 am

I dont know, it might be. I had to look up congenital:)

Twinkle Star

Post by Twinkle Star » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:15 pm

Geoff I would not have admitted to been a relation of Chip shop mans for then sheer Embarrassment of it. Regardless of personel issues you do not take your disgusting and abusive mouth and aggressive behaviour to your place of work and you certainly do not do it in front of children there is no excuse. Also your defense that this forum is using nutter etc is no defense. Reading warnings about him and his behaviour is nothing to hearing the language and abuse he uses in front of them because his is utterly disgusting. No wonder he has no friends and as for his chip shop he gets customers very few and far between. That fish shop used to be packed everytime it was open for years and there was always more than one person working behind the counter don't think they would have managed with one it was far too busy. Now look at it god knows what he does all day, no wonder he has gone mad staring at chip fat and doing nothing all day.

Utter disgrace all I can say is his poor mum what must she think!

Twinkle
Twinkle