beeford fish and chip shop

General discussion, News, Appeals, Announcements, etc. from Villages in and around the Yorkshire Wolds
SueG

Post by SueG » Sat May 23, 2009 9:28 am

Looks like he's had his chips then !!
Sue

Skipsealad

Post by Skipsealad » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:39 pm

I live in Skipsea and I have only been to Beeford once or twice. Far Grange has the best chippy around. I go about there once a week or so.

Shame for Beeford really, he has lost a lot of trade.

Far Grange and Bransburton are always packed full.

Skipsealad

Post by Skipsealad » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:40 pm

..... and whats so interesting in that little Beck that he spends all day looking at?

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Tiddlers?

pedro

Post by pedro » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi everyone, not much posting been going on of late thought things had maybe improved. No things are getting worse according to the Daily Star on Sunday ! Non of you can buy such a top class rag, you missed out full page with colour photos headline BRITAINS RUDEST TAKEAWAY OWNER !! Look it up asap.

peter
peter

misintuition

Post by misintuition » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:48 pm

I am posting a note to all people who have mentioned nicks family . His mum has to be one of the nicest and sweetest people i have ever had the pleasure to meet . What ever has happened i hope the chip shop is taken over and is as successful as it deserves to be and this kind lady can deal with her son without having the added pressure of knowing what he is doing to the customers and neighbours alike . It cant help having the truth posted on here for all to see. Nick quite obviously needs help and quickly and i hope for all his family that he can get it .I do not condone this behaviour by any means but please realise this is a deeper problem than bad chips and abusive behaviour and lets hope his family can be left alone to deal with this without having to deal with lots of bad press too. This is not me sticking up for him but asking you to realise that some of the comments are hurting other people that dont deserve to be hurt . By all means tell people your experience;but dont speculate .

passing through

Post by passing through » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:23 pm

This thread was brought about to warn those to bypass this horrible establishment and hopefully drain trade to a minimum, even to dry it up completely. This seems to be the case.

If this person has a family, then I feel very sorry for them, he seems to need expert medical help.

Lets hope Beeford will be a brighter, happier place in the future.

HappyBunny

Post by HappyBunny » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:58 pm

I WISH I HAD OF ALREADY READ THIS BEFORE TODAY!!!

Well I'm pleased to learn that my family & I aren't unique yet very concerned that by simply googleing Beeford Chips brings up so many people that have had the same experience as us today..

We're from the midlands and after a lovely day at the beach and the prospect of a 3hr journey home we decided to buy some chips - (big mistake!! - pretty woman style!!! Big mistake!),

Myself & my faster in law simply went into the Beeford chip shop - ordered £25 worth of fish, chips & drinks , got asked for the money first so paid then got told "SLAM THAT DOOR SHUT AGAIN AND I'LL PUT YOU BOTH THROUGH IT!!" - we both looked at each other then the man servering not beleiving our ears to ask "Pardon?" - "YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! - THERE'S YOUR CHIPS" - I said - I'm sorry - I didnt mean to cause offence but what's the problem? to be told "LOOK - ALL i WANT IS YOUR MONEY - HERE'S YOUR CHIPS NOW F**K OFF!" - now with the threats and the kid's in the car - we looked at each other and took the decision to leave,

On looking at the chips - they looked black tipped and where cold - obviously just reheated - the fish was soggy and slimy, now my wife & mother in law both told us to go back - we fortunately decided to throw the lot away without any further hassle. whilst in the shop - the chap serving simply kept muttering to himself - another sucker bites the dust!!!

So 10-15 minutes down the road fond a lovely little chef, had some good food and on my blackberry surfing the internet I found this internet forum - (should have checked it out first!!!).

Now I'm from Worcestershire and if a local shop owner acted like this then simply put - the only place you'd see him again is in Worcester Royal Hospital! yet I got the distinct impression that he really doesnt give a monkey about anything or anyone - as such the reality of his own existance is punishment enough - it's only unfortunate that good people with money to spend are being put off returning to area to visit a second time.

Karma has a way of coming back on people...

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:07 pm

I'm sorry that you had to experience this. Many of us have- the only answer is to report him each time he behaves in this way and may be they will close him down. Glad you enjoyed your day on the beach.

passing through

Post by passing through » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:01 pm

HappyBunny

Sorry to hear you met him on one of his bad days, well every day is a bad day for him.

Hope it does not stop you passing through some lovely villages in East Yorkshire.