beeford fish and chip shop

General discussion, News, Appeals, Announcements, etc. from Villages in and around the Yorkshire Wolds
passing through

beeford fish and chip shop

Post by passing through » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:24 pm

It has to be said that this has to be the most disgusting food outlet in the UK.

It was our displeasure to stop at said establishment one Saturday afternoon while traveling from Hull to Brid. The chips were obviously warmed from the previous day and the fish was just a soggie mess. we should have know better when we saw customers shaking their heads as they exited the establishment.

With reluctance I took ours to our car, my disabled son was looking forward to them. his mother said that he could not possibly eat those.

I took them back into the shop and complained, all you get is there is the door and a smirk. So I threw the lot into the nearest bin.

I went back and told him thats were they deserved to be. He said you fools still come and part with your money.

Well I hope this reaches some other unwary travelers that pass through that town and see that chip shop.

and by-pass it.

it's a disgrace to Yorkshire.

Pete

Post by Pete » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:17 am

Hmm, it doesn't sound like you enjoyed them. Maybe you should have thrown them AT the staff if they didn't want to entertain your complaints. Why not do that next time you are passing through, it must be worth a quid.

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:35 pm

Which is the best fish and chips shop in the East Riding? The one in Filey , cant remember the name but there is a statue of a fisherman outside, they are the best I have had since the Lonsborough closed!

SueG

Post by SueG » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:59 pm

Swilly's is by far the best (Stuarts) followed by Thompsons at Wetwang - only my opinion of course,
Does anybody remember Greasy Betty's down Scarborough Road ?

Sue

sioux
Sue

thonerob

Post by thonerob » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:33 am

Thanks for that, everytime I go through Beeford I look at that chippy and want to go in, now I know that I don't want to go in lol

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:27 pm

You can go in Rob but dont buy anything to eat.

passing through

Post by passing through » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:49 pm

quote:Originally posted by SueG
Swilly's is by far the best (Stuarts) followed by Thompsons at Wetwang - only my opinion of course,

Sue

sioux

thanks Sue. I'll be going through Wetwang this weekend. I'll see if we can pop in and try them :))

madmini

Post by madmini » Tue May 13, 2008 9:55 am

I am glad someone else has noticed how bad that fish & chip shop is in Beeford, we called in once and never again, it was discusting how can anyone cook chips so wrong !!!, the bin outside was overflowing wonder why that was eh!!! wasn't he prosicuted for re-using the trays/boxes or something?

They must only get passing trade cos no one local will use them.

I love the chip shop at Wetwang & Brandsburton, also the one opposite the old co-op in Driffield beautiful, the one down exchange street has gone down hill i think.

passing through

Post by passing through » Wed May 14, 2008 7:23 am

I am amazed that they are still trading. I would of thought that either environmental health or lack of trade would have shut them down. What a shame as Beeford is a lovely place to stop off.

As for the fish and chips at Wetwang, great stuff, well worth a visit.:-)

pauline1946

Post by pauline1946 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:20 am

hello from sunny whitby driffield does not know how to cook fish and chips come to whitby for the best