Tractor drivers

General discussion, News and Announcements, etc. from Driffield
Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:26 pm

Totally agree with what you've just said regarding some drivers, but there are drivers and there are drivers! Some drivers are in their big 4 x 4's trundling behind the tractor or other slow moving vehicle and some of the 4 x 4's are powerful motors, yet there the drivers are, trundling along at 30-35 mph for miles and miles, tailgating someimes and certainly if not doing that, then they're driving in the middle of the road. When you eventually get to pass them it usually turns out to be someone who should have handed in their license years ago, or a female who's scared to death of what she's driving!
By the way because I have to work and I work in a seaside resort having to reach there via one main road, I have to deal with all the usual traffic, plus extra in summer, e.g. caravans, coaches, tractors etc, etc,and I have to set off more than ten minutes earlier at the beginning of the day and at the end of the day I leave more than ten minutes later, add that up over an average summer and how much time is that, which I could be spending with my family or doing other things? Yes, other people can say that too, and I don't profess to have all the answers but I do understand why road rage is increasing!

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:39 am

I take exception to your remarks on female drivers that drive 4x4 most of us like male drivers are safe. You may interperate not taking risks as fear. Thas because we consider that we have kids and husbands that need us.Men tend to be more impulsive and take more risks its the nature of the beast.Women have more patience, do not excellerate when a woman overtakes do not use the horn excessively, have to put up with male pasingers telling them how to drive, where to park etc. Dont flash their lights and drive up the cars /tractor backside. Stop sterio-typing, just thought your not a boy racer are you?

XXX

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:09 pm

No plook I'm not a 'boy racer'! but I say what I see and unfortunately I have been in the position where I have seen middle aged/elderly farmers??? wives going about 30 mph along the road because the 4 x 4 they are driving is too much for them. There again I'm not biased cos Iv'e seen the same thing happen with males as well! I think people should sit the driving test again every three/five years from the age of 65 - I would be quite happy to do so and just to be controversial I also think that those over 70 should be forbidden to drive anything that has a more powerful engine than say 1395, unless they can prove they can drive the damn thing properly (a lot of elderly drivers have never even taken a driving test!).

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:37 pm

I fed up with this topic -I'm going to read my book on glow-worms.

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:29 pm

Its the same in a supermarket, your heading for a checkout with your trolley that has three functioning wheels and a dud. When out of nowhere comes a vision in beige, elbows out suffering tunnel vision and selective deafness and nips in before you. It is especialy anoying when you have given them a leg up to reach things off the top shelves their wives are worse. They get to the check out and pull out a handfull of coupond's that takes 20 minutes to process haf of which are out of date or dont apply and they always have an item that has no price.................signed Craby

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:50 pm

Ok, just to keep the topic going, was in a long slow line of traffic heading into Beverley from Castle Hill last week and what was holding everything up? You'd never guess so I'll tell you A TRACTORRRRR!! and guess what else, when we finally got to be the car behind him, noticed that it was a young lad who wasn't taking any notice of the queue behind him cos he was too busy texting into his mobile phone!!!! Where do some of them get their licence?

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:53 pm

Did you hear about the demonstration at Drax Power Station. Four people arrested two were tractor drivers!! Ups

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:28 am

OK promise (well maybe) that this will be my last gripe for the time being concerning tractorrrs! Was travelling to Beverley from the Brandesburton roundabout and immediately joined a long slow queue of traffic, guess what - there was not one but two tractorrrs!!! Reached Tickton doing about 10 mph in my car and the queue was stretched back out of sight, when I was overtaken by a police car and hurrah! sirens blaring he pulled the offending vehicles off the road allowing grateful road users including myself to continue our journey! Who said police were useless?

Pete

Post by Pete » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:50 pm

quote:Originally posted by tom87
anwyay college never learnt me nowt, all they did was advise me crap courses
Certainly didn't teach you any English

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:05 pm

I said I would not add to this topic but I cannot resist! Tom, like Pete said college didn't teach you any English - I bet school didn't either and of course it would be all the school's fault wouldn't it?