Tractor drivers

General discussion, News and Announcements, etc. from Driffield
plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:23 am

There should be rule that when five vehicles build up behind a tractor or slow moving vehicle they must stop and let the vehicles behind pass.
Don't know what would happen if there was another tractor behind- and all this Mud on the Road malarkey they should wipe their tyres before they get onto the road. I was coming down to Middleton from Market Weighton the other day in my 4x4 and was overtaken by a white car doing about 90mph and then I saw mud on the road. The car looked very nice with beige dots all over it. Tut,tut

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:25 pm

And the lesson is..........don't buy a white car!!!!

muckychimney

Post by muckychimney » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Why is it that people dont know what double white lines down the centre of the road mean ?
All to ofted do I see a biker or beemer driver overtaking on dw's they are there for a reason...NO OVERTAKING YOU MORONS... they are a safety feature of the road where it is deemed that overtaking at that particular point is hazardous.
If im correct there are only two exemptions for overtaking on dw's
1) if directed to by a police officer or traffic warden ( pcso )
2) if the vehicle in front of you is going at 10 mph or less and it is safe to do so then you may overtake.
a clean chimney is a safe chimney

muckychimney

Post by muckychimney » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:30 pm

has anyone noticed the condition or some of the local roads lately with the tatty harvest going on the roads are caked in mud, I was always under the impression that farmers had to keep the roads clean if they were responsible for getting them mucked up, in particular A166 at fridaythorpe, A166 between wwang and garton
a clean chimney is a safe chimney

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Yes I have most farmers are very consienciouse about mud on the road there used to be an old ER bye-law that made it an offence to put mud on the road without signage but this was repealed sometime ago - most farmers do this and these are the ones that clear up after they have finished. It seems to me that this problem has increased since work went out to contractors?

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:48 pm

This problem seems to have increased since this work went out to contractors?

Turnip Town

Post by Turnip Town » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:07 am

Howdy Y'all,

I must say, credit where credit is due, somebody has cleaned all the mud off the road going up from Cowlam Road up the hill and over to Scarborough Road so people do sometimes clear up after themselves!

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:32 am

Some farmers wives drive slowly because they are checking out whats going on over the hedges and whether the crops in their fields are as good or better than in another's they then report back to husband. Also no one complained about 4x4's during the flood when they were helping other motorist out of the mire

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:54 pm

In that case shouldn't their eyes be on the road and not looking over the hedges! If they want to check out the fields then they should pull over and stop.