Global Warming

Have your say on news and issues from around East Yorkshire

Global Warming

Postby plook » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:21 am

Global Warming
The attitude of the current USA regime really annoys me. It is as if they have suddenly realised that global warming is taking place and that no other country has thought of it. Yet they would not join the Kyoto Agreement to reduce carbon emissions with the rest of the world, may be it was because they had not thought of it first or was it because George Bush’s financial backers would lose money from oil to add to their current trillions. Now suddenly I suspect they have awoken from their denials because the American people want them to do something about global warming and an election is coming up or it might be a way of putting pressure on China and India to reduce their growing economy. Personally I will do my bit to reduce the amount of energy I use however it is ridiculous when you carefully segregate your household waste only to find out it is shipped to some third-world country for processing. To my mind this is a confidence trick. Another trick is to force payment for excessive wastage. This is unfair to large families and is only a way for the council to get their hands on more of your money. Another is this environmental survey you have to do before you sell your house. The buyer does another one just to make sure you are telling the truth! That’s £1000, what nonsense. Where should we put the wind farms- in the Humber estuary or on some isolated Island off the mainland designated for this purpose. Not in someone’s back yard on the mainland
plook
Valued Member

Postby Galadriel » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:05 pm

We could expect that from the Yanks anyway - it's really no great surprise. What does anger me is that us Brits as usual are making all the sacrifices which incidentally will make not a microdot of difference to global warming when compared to what the likes of Russia, China and India are spewing out day after day after day!! China specifically is not going to do anything that would slow down or halt its growth - it knows it's getting to be a major player in the world, hence its joint military war games with the Russians. Nobody is going to put a check on them especially when they could be an ally against the spread of muslim extremism in the future. Politics - it's a dirty game!!!!!
Galadriel

Return to The Big Story