Driffield Showfield

Have your say on news and issues from around East Yorkshire
Galadriel

Driffield Showfield

Post by Galadriel » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Can somebody tell me why whenever there is a function up at the showfield, they have to finish it off with fireworks. Not just any fireworks mind you but bloody world war 111! Have had several people tell me since the recent caravan show that their infants woke up screaming and frightened of the noise the fireworks made, even my relatives said that although it was spectacular to watch, the noise made was far too much. Can not the organisers take into consideration that people are living quite close by and that at that time of night many people especially children, have gone to bed.Or better still the owners of the showfield might have a word with organisers of functions because it's not just bonfire night, but any function up there now that they decide to make everybody wake up by setting off these bloody things!!!!!

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:15 am

Find out who the organiser is-wait a couple of hours after the fireworks have ended -then ring them up and tell them how much you appreciated their wonderful fireworks but hope you haven't woke them up like they woke up your kids and frightend your dog....... Just a thought.

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Sat May 26, 2007 10:08 pm

Well, summer season is with us again - just spent the last 10 minutes listening to bloody fireworks again - the last one so loud the dining room floor reverberated!!
Will someone please vote me in as a local councillor so I can pass a motion to ban the bloody things?

Ms Jones

Post by Ms Jones » Sun May 27, 2007 12:10 pm

You have my vote! i hate firwirks some kids thought it would be hilarious to leave one on my doorstep ha bloody ha what a waste of their pocket money it took 2 hours to get throug to the "local" police i use the word local loosely as it was a call centre in outer mongolia or somewhere then an hour later they came looking for them.... Thanks I feel so much safer now!

I tape my letterbox up on a nightime from October onwards for the fear of kids putting one through it. I would have never done things like that when I was younger (only 28 now but sounding 80!)

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:10 pm

Totally agree - I hate them as well. I don't think they should go on sale until at least 1st November and then should only be sold to over 21's. I used to work with the elderly and they all dreaded that time of year especially those that lived on their own and felt very vulnerable!

Turnip Town

Post by Turnip Town » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:28 am

Answer is simply folks.

Grab a few of these scumbags off the streets, trousers and snot stained skids down and jam fireworks up their backsides and light 'em, stand back and watch the idiots go shooting off over the rooftops.

Police won't do anything, not something that is a priority to the New Labour tossers at Westminster. Public services are not there to serve the public but to make Westminster politicians, sorry, Westminster incompetent, inept tossbags look good at election time!

Not that I'm cynical!!

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:54 pm

You - cynical! No, a man of your destinction, never.

Galadriel

Post by Galadriel » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:45 pm

I'd love to shove one up the backside of a certain politician from Hull - may spark him into life - preferably life on another planet!!

plook
Valued Member

Post by plook » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:14 am

Someone has and hes gone.